Present: Brett Jones, Gordon Donaldson, Nate Mason, Ann McCann
Absent: Dale McCurdy, Tammy Dickey
There was no formal agenda.
Ann handed out the principal's report and discussion followed.
- Interest in the new science materials generated a request to hold the next meeting October 29, at the school. This would be in Mr. James' room. Ann will speak to him and see if several students might be able to present their explorations.
- Comments from two parents on the board, brought the conversation to ‘How to get students motivated to read?'
- Opportunity to have a reward party (PATRONS?)
- How help parents with ideas to do at home – suggested a calendar of activities to send home
- What are the parent roles in reading (Ms.Duffy, Mrs. Duym)
- NWEA lexiles – book lists to parents –send home during progress report time
- Choices are important – high interest helps
- Library open after school to allow community access - noted that it was open this summer for one day a week.
- Student enrollment down a bit from last year – large class left
Discussion around re-districting (re-setting boundary lines) this had been brought up a few years ago and did not materialize
Meeting was adjourned.
Ann McCann, Recording Secretary