Julie Curtis, Chair, RSU 24 Board; Suzanne Lukas, Superintendent; Nelia Lake, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent; Brett Jones, Doug Stewart, Gary McFarland, Gordon Donaldson
- Convening of the committee -Julie Curtis, Chair of the RSU 24 Board, called the meeting to order at 5:34 p.m. and asked for nominations for chair of the Lamoine Withdrawal Committee. Donaldson nominated Jones. Nominations were closed. Jones was elected Chair, 3-0 (Jones abstaining)
- B. Jones took over chairing the meeting.
- J. Curtis asked if the committee had a list of requests for information from the RSU. A draft letter requesting information was shared with the committee and RSU personnel. After discussion to clarify the purpose and review the content of the letter, Donaldson moved (McFarland second) to submit the letter to the RSU 24 Office. Approved: 4-0.
- J. Curtis suggested that, if the committee was receptive to electronic files that we would then use electronically or print out, it would speed up the process of getting information to the committee. She also suggested that committee members could come into the office and retrieve information directly.
- S. Lukas mentioned that the RSU 24 office is very busy, implying that the committee's request for information will not be met immediately. She also reported that the “entire RSU Board wants to be involved” in negotiating the Withdrawal Agreement. Discussion ensued about the likelihood that this would slow the process considerably. Jones and Donaldson noted the tight timeframe for generating the Agreement if the November election was going to serve as the referendum. Donaldson asked when the Board would be ready to review a draft of the Agreement or a part of it. S. Lukas responded that the RSU Board meets once again in July and twice in August and that it could call “special meetings”.
- Committee members set meetings for July 12 at 6 pm and July 17 at 6:30 pm, both at the Lamoine Town Hall.
Adjourned: 6:08 p.m.
Notes submitted by Gordon Donaldson