Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Home
Town Hall
School
Fire Department
Boards
Calendars
Newly Added

Administrative Assistant to the Board of Selectmen

Stu Marckoon
Report for Meeting of December 5, 2019
 
 

 

I am catching up from a week off, so there’s not a lot new on the agenda.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving week.  We enjoyed dinner with both daughters and my Dad in Westbrook.  I am writing this on Saturday morning, November 30th as I cover the counter duties (not terribly busy today). 

 

Minutes – November 21, 2019 – It was a complex meeting and I did the minutes at home while on vacation (I have a weird sense of vacation).  Please look them over for errors. 

 

Warrant 13 – This should be relatively small as the school payables warrant is very small.  We should not have to touch the investment account yet.  Included in the warrant is a new electronic recording device for field productions for CTV.  We’ll give this a try for the next Lamoine 150! Production on the 7th of December.  The DVD recorder has failed on the last two attempts.  We also purchased a UPS unit for the school and new AED pads for the fire department (the old ones have expired).  Not much else unusual on the warrant.

 

Cash & Budget Reports – These will be periodically updated on the website prior to the meeting and printed the day of the meeting (same with Warrant 13).

 

Checking Account Reconciliation – I hope to get this done on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning and will e-mail it to you when ready. 

 

Property Line Agreement Estimate – In your packet is the estimate from Steve Salsbury to write up the description of the line agreement with Marion McDevitt.  This does not include the attorney fee to draw up the actual document to file at the Registry of Deeds.  I have reviewed the proposal with Marion and it was the same as proposed to you a few meetings ago.

 

Transfer Station Security – I filled in for a couple hours on Monday (I told you I have a weird sense of vacation) and Chris Meyer reported that the transfer station gate was open, and neither he nor Casella had opened it.  We’ve had this problem off and on over the years.  Nothing seems to be missing or improper waste being left.  Any suggestions?  I’m thinking the redesign process may include some greater security.  We may wish to add a recorder to the camera system that was installed.

 

CEO Matters – Follow Up – In your packet are a couple of e-mails from parties in the Moldawer v. CEO matter.  I responded to one of the inquiries that came in last week.

 

Rebecca will be in on Tuesday, and I suspect there may be further follow up material for you.

  

Personnel – I have spent part of the morning trying to set up interviews for candidates for Facilities Maintenance.  I will e-mail you with times (shooting for Tuesday & Wednesday) when the candidates can stop by for a chat.

 

If you have any names for Budget Committee or Rec Committee, let me know.  The Rec Committee meets the same night you do at the school and may have a suggestion after that meeting.

 

Goals – It was mentioned at the prior meeting that a discussion should take place on the board’s goals and progress made on those.  To my knowledge, there has not been a goal setting session in some time.  Perhaps this would be a good time to discuss doing that.

 

Solar Energy Project – A conference call is scheduled for Monday morning at 10AM.  I should have an update on the project at that point. 

 

Lamoine 150! – I see a lot of post cards on the back bench.  I’m sure Jo will have an update for the meeting.  The parade committee meets at 5:30 on Thursday.

 

Budget Workshop – The deadline for outside agency applications is today.  We still have Parks & Recreation, revenues, social services, library and Shellfish Enforcement to work on.  I hope to get those filled in prior to your meeting.  The Budget Committee and Community Center Feasibility Committee will meet jointly on December 9th. 

 

That’s what I have for an agenda at this point.  If there is anything to add, please let me know prior to the meeting and it can be placed on the addendum.

 

sm