Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes - May 17, 2017 (Draft, subject to correction)
Co-Chair Cynthia Donaldson called the meeting to order at 5:07 P.M. at the Lamoine Town Hall.
Present were: Committee members: Cynthia Donaldson, Gordon Donaldson, Miranda Engstrom, Carol Duffy and S. Josephine Cooper(arrived at 5:18); Doug Stewart, Conservation Commission.
Review of Timeline Events: Cynthia gave a quick overview of the tentative events for our celebration.
They were asked to help with the scavenger hunt and supplying maps for our 150th Celebration booklet. Doug suggested including the geocaching route in town. It was suggested that the Conservation Commission might want to help get speakers for a possible “Lamoine 150th Speakers” series. This could be monthly during our celebratory year. Jo suggested that recycling/composting would be a good topic.
We do have money which will be used to cover items such as parade costs, fireworks, and publications.
Other Ideas - The committee and visitors discussed new ideas as follows:
● Dedication of a piece of land as a park
● Bringing book of old pictures up to date
● Gordon will create a form that we can write on to organize events.
● We need to publicize possible events so that people can volunteer to take on different tasks. We need people “to love” and idea and take charge of it.
● An article needs to be written for the next Lamoine Quarterly highlighting the big events and including a teaser from Gordon’s History Slices.
Our next meeting will be on June 21, 2017 at the Town Hall at 5 P.M. The Fire Department (Jo will contact) and Comprehensive Planning Committee (Cynthia will contact) will be invited.
We will also meet on July 19, 2017 at 5 P.M. We will invite the Park Commission (Doug will contact) and the park ranger from the Lamoine State Park (Miranda will contact).
We will not meet in August.
Other town groups that we will invite to future meetings include: PATRONS, Shellfish Commission, Lamoine Little Children, and the Snowmobile Club.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 5:50 P.M.
Carol Duffy, Secretary