Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Home
Town Hall
School
Fire Department
Boards
Calendars
Newly Added
1870 - Lamoine 150 - 2020
Minutes - November 8, 2018

 

Co-Chair Cynthia Donaldson called the meeting to order at 6:05 P.M. at the Lamoine Consolidated School.

 

Present were:  Committee members: Cynthia Donaldson,  Gordon Donaldson, Miranda Engstrom, and Carol Duffy.

Josephine Cooper, Nelia McIntire, and Marion McFarland were absent.

 

Future Meeting Dates

            Thursday, December 6 at 3:30 P.M. at the Town Hall (note: original time of 6:00 P.M. has been changed due to conflicts)

            Thursday, January 17 at 3:30 P.M. at the Town Hall (note: original time of 6:00 P.M. has been changed due to conflicts)

            It was agreed that if the Lamoine School cancels school due to weather, then we will cancel our meeting.

***We need to pursue planners from groups that haven’t communicated with us.***

 

Review of Minutes

Cynthia left the last meeting for a few minutes to talk with the Recreation Committee.  They are very excited to participate in the Lamoine 150 Celebration.                      

Google Doc Creation

Gordon will create a Google Doc folder to share events from planner forms and possible fundraisers.

 

Reports from Group Contacts

 

Parks Commission - talking about a progressive event that would take people from park to park; perhaps in April 2020

State (contacting about their involvement) - no reply

 

LCA - no response (Carol is on the agenda for this month’s board meeting)

 

Fire Department - no update since the last meeting

 

Recreation Committee - enthusiastic; no planned event(s) yet

 

Grange -  no response (busy with play and vinyl siding; will try to get a response by next meeting)

 

Town of Lamoine - nothing specific

 

Historical Society - no planner(s) returned

 

Snowmobile Club - Nelia was going to contact; no word yet

 

Lamoine Baptist Church - no planner(s) returned

 

Conservation Commission - interested; hasn’t met to discuss events

 

Race Committee - detailed planner returned from Robin; will meet in January

 

Comprehensive Planning Committee - may not be active much longer; we should make copies of their plan available at events

 

Lamoine State Park - willing to host events for us

 

Lamoine Consolidated School - will plan to join in events

 

PATRONS - excited about the celebration; many remember the Rodeo and want to bring it back

Their ideas:

1.    Rodeo sometime in June 2020

2.    Old-fashioned Christmas - Have Santa visit different places in town at different times

3.    Road Rally - Liz Stanley is really interested; could be connected with town scavenger hunt

4.    GeoCache - Jo St. Pierre; suggested a map for families

5.    Want to get their events on our calendar - Trunk or Treat and Craft Fair

 

Lamoine Little Children - planner returned last month; thinking about fundraiser; plan to put the structure in place in June 2020 with an August 2020 dedication

 

Committee Discussions

 

The Logo Committee (Miranda, Cynthia, Jo) need a separate meeting soon.  Carol Duffy suggested that Diana Roper be contacted to see if she would like to help with the contest.

 

Parade Committee - Jo previously suggested that Thelma Beal should be invited to meet with us.  The committee decided to ask Jo to contact her for us.  Cynthia said that Aurora Hilton would be a good person to involve in this event. A separate parade committee needs to be established as soon as possible. Gary McFarland is willing to organize antique cars for the parade.

 

Gordon plans to meet with Fred Stocking, Brent Hutchins, and Merle Bragdon to discuss writing skits about Lamoine’s history.

 

Groups that we should contact:  Atlantic Clarion Steel Band (GSA students) and Darlings Ice Cream Truck.

 

As part of the road race, we should have a 50-yard dash for little kids with everyone getting a participant ribbon.  We should get generic ribbons so they could be used for other events.

 

The Fire Department annual mailing goes out in either May or June.  We need to have a flyer ready for them by April 2019.

 

Miranda is going to have large posters made for us.  She will give the bill to either Jo or Cynthia so that she can be reimbursed. 

 

There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:10  P.M. 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Carol Duffy, Secretary