Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Town Hall
Fire Department
Newly Added
1870 - Lamoine 150 - 2020
Minutes - April 11, 2019

Cynthia Donaldson called the meeting to order at 3:40 P.M. at the Town Hall.


Present were committee members: Cynthia Donaldson,  Josephine Cooper, Gordon Donaldson, Carol Duffy, and Marion McFarland.

Absent: Miranda Engstrom, and Nelia McIntire.


Future Meeting Dates

            Thursday, May 9 at 3:30 P.M. at the Town Hall.


Minutes for March 14, 2019

            Minutes were approved.


Tasks for (or before) Next Meeting

Jo will contact Skip Smith about the change of date for the BBQ and to invite him to the May 9th meeting.

Marion will contact Carolyn Ackerman about the change of date for the BBQ and to invite her to the May 9th meeting.

Gordon will contact Robin  Emery about the change of date for the BBQ and to invite her to the May 9th meeting.

Carol will reserve the gym at school for a number of events, send emails to our contacts about selling Lamoine 150 merchandise, and contact people for a Lamoine poetry/songs evening committee.


Maine 200

Gordon has been in email communication with David Cheever.  They are eager to advertise our events on their websites.  The grants are not available yet as they are a bit behind schedule.



Since the Roger Willey Roadrace is scheduled for September 28, we decided to move our race to October 5. Jo will contact Skip Smith, and Marion will contact Carolyn Ackerman to make sure that they will be available to do the BBQ on that day.  Carol will contact the school to reserve the gym for a place to eat lunch and to make sure that restrooms will be available.[1] [SM2] 


Publicity and PR

Carol needs videos for our YouTube Chanel.


Gordon and Cynthia had a table at the Flattop 5 K race on March 30 and gave out information about our fall race.  Gordon made a wonderful wooden sign that we can take to events.


The April Quarterly has a short piece about the Logo Contest and a longer piece about the Lamoine Country Club.


Cynthia shared a sample postcard that she could take to printers to get cost estimates.  She has been gathering information about bulk mailing options.  Miranda sent information about Vista Print.  The current plan is to use the top four Logo Contest entries on the cards. 


Postcard committee:  Cynthia and Miranda.


Lamoine 150 Merchandise

Lamoine’s Little Children group would like to sell baseball caps for adults and children.


Carol will email our contacts asking them to let us know what they would like to sell as soon as possible and letting them know that our logo will be available in June.  We want to avoid the sale of duplicate items.


Logo Contest

Submissions are due May 2.  Concerns were expressed whether people in town knew about the contest or not.  Flyers will go home with LCS students on Friday. We need to spread the word.



With Gordon’s guidance, we cleaned out our overly ambitious calendar which he will update.  Carol will try to get a group of people together to work on an evening of songs and poems about Lamoine.  She will also speak with Betty Eaton about reserving the school gym for our events as needed.



Due to the length of the meeting, Cynthia will plug in amounts for known events.


Next Meeting

Our next meeting will be on May 9, 2019 at 3:30 P.M. at the Town Hall.  Robin Emery, Skip Smith, and Carolyn Ackerman will be invited to the meeting to firm up plans for the roadrace/BBQ.


Volunteer Squad

We need to recruit people to help us in various ways - call people, set up chairs, clean-up after events.


There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 5:07 P.M. 


Respectfully submitted,

Carol Duffy, Secretary