Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
1870 - Lamoine 150 - 2020
Minutes - May 19, 2020 (Draft, subject to correction)
Decisions regarding the “Lamoine History Book” (now titled Lamoine at 150: One DownEast Community from 1870 to 2020)
● Format: size will be 10” X 7”
● Binding: strong, book-type
● Number of copies: 500
● Distribution: after much discussion, no decision was made whether copies would be given out to people or if there would be a minimum cost. That decision can be made at a future date.
● Cost for 500 books from XPRESS Copy in Portland including designer expense: $6,392.
● Funding: $1500 Grant, $3500 committee budget, an anonymous donor has offered to pick up the cost over $5000.
● Still waiting on a quote from DownEast Graphics.
● Gordon will make the final decisions regarding the publisher.
Homer Wilbur Pictures
● Carol will post the first ones on Facebook this weekend. After that she will add a couple a week.
End of Meeting
● We had a brief discussion about what to do with the sardine collection. Besides a video slide show, no other decision was made.
● Stu updated us about Town Meeting Plans. Although we can’t include a live reenactment of the first town meeting, it may be possible to show a filmed version.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 4:45 P.M.
Carol Duffy, Secretary