Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
1870 - Lamoine 150 - 2020
Minutes - January 14, 2021 (Draft, subject to correction)
Our online meeting started at 4:00 P.M.
Present were: Committee members: Josephine Cooper, Cynthia Donaldson, Gordon Donaldson, Carol Duffy, Miranda Engstrom, and Angela Johnson. Absent: Marion McFarland and Diane Sanderson.
Future Meeting Dates
Thursday, February 11, 2021 (Signing Day) at 4:00 P.M. (Zoom Meeting)
Thursday, March 11, 2001 at 4:00 P.M. (Zoom Meeting)
Minutes for December 10, 2020 meeting were approved unanimously (motion -Gordon, seconded - Jo).
● Lamoine at 150 - book sales are meager at the Town Hall; will be distributed/sold at upcoming events.
● No progress on the sardine poster.
● Miranda has ordered more T-shirts, but they haven’t been shipped yet.
Celebrating Our Story/Lamoine Radio Theater
● They are still works in progress. We’re still stuck by not being able to get together in the same location for taping.
● The town’s Technology Committee is giving us support and will help in the production.
● Our current balance is $29,270.04
Publicity and PR
● Cynthia and Gordon wrote 2 articles for the Lamoine Quarterly - one about August 2021 plans and one about Lamoine Radio Theater.
● Carol wrote a piece for the Town Report. She also sent Stu a copy of Governor Mill’s letter and two pictures for inclusion.
● People on the Eagle Point Road didn’t receive our last postcards in the mail so Cynthia distributed the 10 that we didn’t mail. We ordered 1000 postcards.
Planning for Next Summer’s August Celebration
● Planned for August 13 - 15, 2001. We are responsible for planning events for Saturday. Other groups (firemen, church, LCA) may be interested in planning events for Friday and Sunday. We need to contact other groups soon about the weekend.
● Our goal is to be all set with plans by July 1.
● Rain date for August 14?
● Robin Emery asked about holding the Flat Top 5K on August 14. After discussion, the group decided that it would be better if it was held on another weekend to avoid traffic congestion and possible conflicts with other events.
Cynthia will be in touch with Robin.
● Ideas for THE DAY
○ Parade starts late in the morning and ends at the State Park. There might be displays, food trucks, merchandise, music at the park. Cynthia is going to find out if Lamoine residents can have free State Park admission for the day.
○ Before the fireworks (8:30?), there might be live entertainment, games, and dessert (cake and ice cream?) at the State Park.
○ We discussed having a speaker, possibly Governor Mills.
● Possibly at the Town Hall on Sunday, August 15.
● We will be discussing this more next month.
● Jo will talk to Marion about what type of items were put in the last one (Lamoine 125 Celebration).
Ad Hoc Committees for August 14th and Our Assignment:
● Parade - Jo is going to talk to Bob Christie. Thelma Beal and Bonnie Marckoon were mentioned as possible people to contact about helping/heading up the parade.
● Fireworks - Cynthia
● Food (dessert/food trucks) - Gordon
● Entertainment and speakers - Cynthia
● Merchandise/community group displays - Carol and Miranda
*** Think about the type of help that is needed for each committee. We will flesh out the committees at our February meeting. ***
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 4:55 P.M.
Carol Duffy, Secretary