Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Board of Appeals
Minutes - May 9, 2018
BOA members present: Griff Fenton, Jon VanAmringe, Jay Fowler and Michael Jordan
Alternate BOA member present: Larissa Thomas
Counsel for BOA: Diane O’Connell
Other attendees: Paul MacQuinn, Katie Foster, Edmond Bearor, Steve Salsbury, Daniel Pileggi, Don Bamman, Valerie Sprague, Carol Korty, Catherine de Tuede, John Holt, John Steed, Kathleen Rybarz, Kathryn Gaianguest, David Grasso, Dana Young
6:30 Meeting was called to order by Mr. Fenton
Mr. Bearor provided the requested information on the recent sales of homes in the area.
Ms. de Tuede gave testimony about the house that sold at 950 Douglas Highway as it used to be in her family.
Mr. Salsbury showed a map that was requested of the distances from the property lines to the building on the Lamoine Beach Rd.
Mr. MacQuinn states that he will make the buffer on the South side of the property 100 feet instead of 50 feet. He also said that he will work the gravel pit from the North to the South.
Mr. Steed objected to Mr. MacQuinn changing the setback from 50 feet to 100 feet on the South side of the property.
7.D.6 Motion: The proposed operation will not adversely affect surrounding properties. Mr. VanAmringe made the motion and Mr. Fowler 2nd. Vote 4-0
Motion To add the following conditions:
1. No operations of any kind to take place within 100 feet from the southern boundary of Lot # 31 on Tax Map 3.
2. A revised map shall be filed with the Town to show the new 100 foot set-back from the southerly boundary of Lot 31 within 60-days of issuance of the permit.
3. The existing entry driveway within this 100 foot setback area shall be moved outside this set back area, and then restored with vegetation, within six (6) months of issuance of the permit, and a revised map showing any new driveway shall be filed with the Town within 60 days of completion.
4. Vegetation removal in the expansion area is only to take place when necessary for excavation of a new area for gravel extraction purposes.
5. The existing erosion along Douglas Highway that this property abuts shall be remediated within six (6) months of the issuance of the permit.
6. Excavation shall be maintained at the ratio of 2 ½:1 foot to maintain adequate slope.
8:52 Moved onto the Site Plan Review appeal
Mr. Bearor gave testimony on his written materials that were provided to all of the parties prior to the meeting.
Mr. Pileggi gave testimony on his written materials that were provided to all of the parties prior to the meeting.
Mr. Holt gave testimony on his written materials that were provided to all parties prior to the meeting.
Mr. Steed stated that he agreed with Mr. Pileggi and Mr. Holt on their statements and his written testimony provided to all of the parties prior to the meeting.
Ms. de Tuede requested that all materials provided by the FOL be added to the Tweedie Trust record.
9:30 Recessed the meeting until May 22, 2018 at 6:30 PM