Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Board of Assessors
Minutes - January 4, 2017
Meeting came to order at 8:05
Present: Mike Jordan and Terry Towne; Absent: Jane Fowler
Administrative Assistant Stu Marckoon
Meeting was called to order at 8:10
1) We met with Stu Marckoon to get his input about general organization and filing that is needed for the Board of Assessors paperwork, forms, etc. We all agreed that each item should be filed in the Map and Lot folders for the subject properties and all other forms and such should have a hanging folder created in the Assessors' filing cabinet. Mike Jordan and Terry Towne agreed to meet weekly in a workshop to start instituting the new system.
2) Minutes of December 7, 2016 – It was moved and seconded with a unanimous vote to approve.
3) The County Commissioners' decision to deny Mr. Rhyne's abatement request was reviewed and set to be filed in Map and Lot file, Map 10, Lot 8-5. It was moved and seconded to table Mr. Rhyne's current Abatement Request until the scheduled February 1, 2017 meeting.
4) The tax exempt status of Lamoine Grange was discussed because the building was now being leased. It was moved and seconded with a unanimous decision to have Terry Towne draft a letter to the Grange requesting pertinent information consistent with state statute for consideration of their tax exempt status, Title 36, § 652. The letter will be reviewed at the scheduled February 1, 2017 meeting.
5) It was discussed and decided a memo was not needed to be forwarded to the Budget Committee or the Board of Selectmen about the coming year's Assessing compensation because Stu Marckoon has already returned that to the 2015 rate.
6) It was moved and seconded to have Terry Towne draft a letter to Trustee, Paul Dillon, Map 7, Lots 29 & 33, to submit a new Farmland Use Tax Application (MRSA 36, §§ 1101-1121). The letter is to be reviewed at the scheduled February 1, 2017 meeting.
Adjourned at 9:45
_____ Terry Towne_____ Michael Jordan