Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Board of Assessors
Minutes - April 5, 2017
Meeting came to order at 6:30
Present: Mike Jordan and Terry Towne; Absent: Jane Fowler
1) We discussed the Rhyne appeal to the Hancock County Commissioners of his denial of an abatement of his 2016-2017 tax value from the Town of Lamoine Assessors. We did take notice that his appeal to the County Commissioners was not based on what he requested in his abatement to the Board. A motion was made a seconded to table further discussion until the May 3rd meeting when Jane Fowler can be present. The motion passed unanimously.
2) There was a quick review of 3 Homestead Applications, which will be fully reviewed at the time of commitment.
3) We reviewed the Maine Review Service's notice that Lamoine's ratio for the 2017-2018 tax year is 97% based on current sales.
4) It was moved and seconded that Mike Jordan will speak to Peter Palmer, Map 3, Lot 27 about an assessment question he has. The motion passed unanimously.
5) In a memo from Stu Marckoon, it was brought to the attention of the Board that Almond and Virginia Eaton have property listed on the tax list, but the lot was not mapped on town tax maps. This was noted and the Board will forward the deed, Book 6304, Page 348, to RJD Associates for mapping for the 2017-2018 tax year.
Adjourned at 7:57
_____ Terry Towne
_____ Michael Jordan