Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Agenda for Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 7:00 PM - Lamoine Town Hall
A. For current school year, I propose we use Libby donation plus LCC funds (our current account total: $1,2101.80) to buy equipment needed for current school year.
B. Schedule the event for this year.
C. Decide whether we should expand GetWet! to encompass Blunts Pond monitoring.
D. Pursue Maine Community Foundation (MCF) Community Building Grant to obtain equipment needed to perpetuate the program into the future – update from Linda.
E. LCC needs mission statement for MCF grant application. The following were recorded ideas offered during September 2015 Strategic Planning discussion, but no decision was made on a single option. Choose one or create new one?
✓ Promote environmental stewardship through local action to achieve goals of global importance
✓ * Lamoine—Advocating for (or Promoting) our people and protecting our natural resources
✓ Ensuring a healthy and welcoming environment for this and generations to come
✓ Education and natural resources
✓ * A sense of place
✓ Sea-shore-forest-farms—Lamoine seeking balance
✓ * Balancing (??) economy and conservation
✓ Looking toward the future while learning from the past
✓ Conservation is in your best interest
2. Land Conservation Fund $1,000 request submitted.
3. Water quality testing at Blunts Pond – update from Kerry.
4. Lamoine School edible classroom garden – update from Diane.
5. Blunts Pond event – update from Doug.
6. Comprehensive Plan Open House – update from Diane and Larissa.
7. Upcoming presentation – ideas for speakers, schedule.
8. Compost bin sale notice for Lamoine Quarterly – mid December deadline.
9. Conservation Award – decision needed in January; public nominations sought as well (due 12/29/17), to be announced at March Town Meeting.
10. Future initiatives?