Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Agenda - Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 7:00 PM - Lamoine Town Hall
1. GetWet! – proposal update following approval by Select Board.
2. Lamoine School edible classroom garden – update from Diane.
3. Blunts Pond event – update from Doug.
4. Frenchman Bay Conservancy would like to have an event in May or June in partnership with the Town to celebrate Marlboro Beach—ideas requested.
5. Maine Coastal Community Grant – latest awards announced (http://www.maine.gov/dacf/municipalplanning/index.shtml); with grant deadline in April, it is unlikely the Town’s new Comprehensive plan will be approved in time to apply this year. However, we should plan to apply in 2019, and should begin refine our proposal idea now.
6. Upcoming presentation – plans for publicity for Tora Johnson’s March 21, 2018 talk; please review draft flier prepared by Larissa Thomas.
7. Discussion of recycling proposals submitted to the Town (Select Board has asked LCC to advise them); please review materials provided by Stu Marckoon in advance of meeting. Note Stu’s recent email about Coastal Recycling scaling back their operating hours.
8. Conservation Award – plans for announcement at March 7, 2018 (6pm) Town Meeting.
9. Future initiatives?