Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Town Hall
Fire Department


Due to lack of time at the regular meeting on Wednesday, September 12, this meeting was scheduled to complete remaining items on the agenda.

Commission Members Present: Fred Stocking, Carol Korty, Donna Theall, Lynda Tadema-Wielandt .

Others attendance: Lolly Lovett and Joan Strout.

The meeting began at 4:00.

  1. Carol Korty had prepared two letters to Bangor Hydro. We selected one, which Carol will email to Fred S. to finalize and send.
  2. Donna Theall will provide Stu with an article for the Lamoine Quarterly and the town email list, and will have nomination forms on-line and available at Town Hall.
  3. On Monday, October 29, there will be meeting from 6 8:30 at the MDIHS Cafeteria of a number of organizations such as, Frenchman Bay Conservancy, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Down East Audubon to discuss what is being done regarding conservation in this area, and concerns for the future. The Maine Association of Conservation Commissions plans to have a regional meeting in Dedham on Wednesday, October 24 from 7 9 to discuss conservation efforts state-wide and what commissions are doing. Membership to MEACC is $100 per year. We hope someone from LCC will attend.
  4. Steve Perrin is scheduled to speak to us in lieu of our next business meeting. Joan Strout will ask him to contact Donna Theall with information about the session to be used in a press release . We will do our usual group refreshments for that evening.
  5. Carol Korty will contact Betty Anderson, school secretary, and request the evening of November 8 for the GET WET! Program. Lynda TW will invite Rob Eaton and Dennis Damon.
  6. Fred S. suggested we consider inviting the Island Astronomy Institute to speak about light pollution at one of our spring meetings. Their director is Peter Lord, PO Box 249 , Bernard , ME 04612 , telephone 244-9477.
  7. Minutes of the August meeting were approved with corrections by a vote of 4 to 0.
  8. Fred Stocking asked the group if there was anything we would like William Dickey to do for the Commission. He has sent a letter stating he's working on his Eagle Scout badge and asking if we had a project he could do. Fred will let him know that at this time we do not have anything suitable for him to do.

The meeting adjourned at 5:32 p.m .

Respectfully submitted by Lynda Tadema-Wielandt .

Reviewed and accepted on November 14, 2007 by a vote of 3 to 0

Fred Stocking, Chair