Members present: Bob Pulver, Chair; Annie Crisafulli, Carol Korty, Larry Libby, Anne LaBossiere
Alternates/: Nancy Pochan, David Legere
Project Leader on Open Space: Fred Stocking, former Commission Member
Others in attendance: John Holt, Chair of the Planning Board; Willem Brutsaert; Bill Kohlenbush, associate member
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Pulver at 7:05 p.m.
- Planning Board's Planning Priorities Survey results as of Nov. 30, 2011 presented by John Holt, Chair of the Planning Board.
- Open Space: We read and discussed Fred Stocking's re-working of Larry Libby's work on Chapter 1, Context.
- GET WET Updates : Carol Korty presented dates that Lamoine Consolidated and Ellsworth High School will use. Hancock cannot join us this year.
- Reviewed and approved the minutes of the Nov. 9 th meeting by a 5-0 vote. Brief explanation of new format for our future minutes-Anne and Bob.
- Annie Crisafulli's resignation from the board was accepted with appreciation for her work and an invitation was extended for her continued involvement with the commission as an associate member.
- David Legere will join the Commission as an alternate.
- Willem Brutsaert spoke of the need for one of the Commission to contact Joe Kelly to firm up his coming to do a presentation on climate change/coastal erosion.
- Bob Pulver will be picking up the Bag It film in the near future.
Motions and Outcomes:
Re: our position on the proposed aerial photography of the town- It was moved by Annie Crisafulli and seconded by Carol Korty that the Commission support this endeavor. We would like to suggest that this be done when the ground and deciduous trees are bare.
Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:
- Fred Stocking will re-circulate information re: his suggestions re: Ch. 2 on the revised list, Town's Action in Support of Open Space Over the Past Ten Years and on Chapter 4 on the revised list, Marine Environment .
- Bob Pulver will contact Stu M. to advise him of the need for a new commissioner to replace Annie Crisafulli.
- Bob P. will contact Joe Kelly re: his availability to present his talk on climate change and its impact on coastal erosion on either Feb. 8th or March the 14th .
The meeting was adjourned at 8:48 p.m.
Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary
Minutes approved as read at the conclusion of the meeting on Dec. 14.
Next meeting will be on January 11, 2012.