Members Present: Bob Pulver, Chair; Carol Korty, Larry Libby, Anne LaBossiere, David Legere (alternate)
Absent Members: Annie Crisafulli, Nancy Pochan (Alternate)
Project Leader on Open Space: Fred Stocking, former Commission Member
Others in Attendance : Doug Stewart, Willem Brutsaert,
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Pulver at 7:04 pm.
- Review of December meeting's minutes
- The selectmen asked for our support to update Lamoine's Comprehensive Plan.
- Open Space… Fred Stocking led us through this segment of the meeting. The following sections of the plan were read and discussed: #4. Lamoine's Marine Environment and #3. Town Support For Open Space and Outdoor Recreation. Fred mentioned that we will need to move to another format after the next two meetings to continue our work in support of the updating of the comprehensive plan. The group was in agreement re: the need to continue the preservation and restoration of the eelgrass in Lamoine waters.
- Program for the community re: coastal erosion and effect of climate change to be presented by Dr. Joe Kelley of University of Maine . Date TBA.
- GET WET UPDATE provided by Bob Pulver and Carol Korty. Enthusiastic receipt of program by chemistry students at Ellsworth High School . Program will be implemented with 5 th and 6 th graders at the Lamoine Consolidated School during the week of Jan. 16
- Rough draft of the January minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere was read.
Motions and Outcomes:
- December minutes were approved by all present.
- It was moved, seconded and passed to forward our recommendation to the selectmen that the Lamoine Comprehensive Plan be updated.
Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:
- Bob Pulver will write a letter to the selectmen re: our recommendation to update the comprehensive plan and our willingness to attend any relevant meetings re: the plan.
- Bob Pulver will contact Dr. Kelley to firm up the date for his presentation re: coastal erosion/impact of climate change.
- David Legere will contact the Cooperative Extension Service and the Maine Geological Service to obtain materials re: coastal erosion/impact of climate change to provide in some format for those in attendance at the program with Dr. Kelley.
- Larry Libby will send us his suggestions re: the segment of the plan covering the Lamoine Aquifer.
- Bob Pulver will call Annie Crisafulli to remind her that she needs to submit her letter of resignation so that the appointment of her replacement may be finalized.
- Anne LaBossiere, will e-mail the rough draft of tonight's minutes to
- Stu Marckoon, commissioners and others who have asked to receive them.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:34 p.m.
Next meeting will be on Feb. 8, 2012.
Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary and approved on ________________.