Members Present: Bob Pulver, Chair; David Legere, Carol Korty, Larry Libby, Anne LaBossiere
Absent Members: Nancy Pochan, Alternate; Fred Stocking, former Commission member
Alternate: Doug Stewart
Others in Attendance: Dr. Willem Brutsaert
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Pulver at 7:05 p.m.
- Should a member of LCC attend the Planning Board Meetings?
- Decision made to defer discussion of open space until Fred Stocking is present.
- Positive recognition of David Legere's work on trails and suggestions shared.
- Collaboration between Willem Brutsaert and the seventh grade science teacher at Lamoine Consolidated School re: The Hydrology of Blunts Pond Project.
- Soil and Water Conservation District not able to provide extra support to the Blunts Pond Project at this time.
- GET WET Evening Program
- Brainstorming of the myriad of possibilities to offer programs relevant to our work as a commission and of interest to the community. Perhaps the development of an annual calendar re: the inclusion of these would be beneficial.
- Possible public program re: Ticks ( Raising awareness on keeping tick-free and appropriate follow-up if needed) would be of use. Looking at June date.
- Possible interface between Lamoine State Park and the work of LCC.
Motions and Outcomes:
- Minutes of LCC Minutes of Feb. 29, 2012 were read and approved.
- The group agreed that it would be a good idea to have an LCC member attend the monthly meeting of the Planning Board.
- Decided to defer the evening program re: GET WET until next year or later.
Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:
- Larry Libby will attend the May 1st meeting of the Planning Board. Anne Labossiere will attend the one on June 5th.
- Bob Pulver will speak to Meaghan @ Soil and Water re: the possibility of accessing a rain gauge for use in the Hydrology of Blunts Pond Project.
- Willem Brutsaert will pick up some of the materials needed for the Blunts Pond Project (evaporation pan) from the Main eoffice of the USGS (United States Geological Survey).
- Bob Pulver will talk to the local director of Lamoine State Park to see how we might coordinate our work with theirs.
- Bob Pulver will put in a request to have LCC named as a recipient for the proceeds of one month's bottle returns @ the Lamoine Transfer Station.
- Carol Korty will talk to the presenter at the April 13th presentation @ Woodlawn re: Ticks to explore the possibility of having the person do one for us in June. She will e-mail us her findings and recommendations on this.
- Carol Korty will contact the Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife re: the GIS maps showing various habitat areas in Lamoine.
- Bob Pulver will talk with Fred Stocking re: How can we best move to finish up our work on open space. Do we need to have a workshop meeting to do this?
- Next Meeting, May 9, 2012:
- Go over David Legere's work on Trails.
- Continue work on Open Space.
- Decide how to address habitat.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:17 p.m.
Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary and approved on_________________