Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Home
Town Hall
School
Fire Department
Boards
Calendars
Newly Added

Lamoine Conservation Commission

Minutes of April 11, 2012 (Draft, subject to correction)

Members Present: Bob Pulver, Chair; David Legere, Carol Korty, Larry Libby, Anne LaBossiere

Absent Members: Nancy Pochan, Alternate; Fred Stocking, former Commission member

Alternate: Doug Stewart

Others in Attendance: Dr. Willem Brutsaert

Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Pulver at 7:05 p.m.

Topics Discussed:

  1. Should a member of LCC attend the Planning Board Meetings?
  2. Decision made to defer discussion of open space until Fred Stocking is present.
  3. Positive recognition of David Legere's work on trails and suggestions shared.
  4. Collaboration between Willem Brutsaert and the seventh grade science teacher at Lamoine Consolidated School re: The Hydrology of Blunts Pond Project.
  5. Soil and Water Conservation District not able to provide extra support to the Blunts Pond Project at this time.
  6. GET WET Evening Program
  7. Brainstorming of the myriad of possibilities to offer programs relevant to our work as a commission and of interest to the community. Perhaps the development of an annual calendar re: the inclusion of these would be beneficial.
  8. Possible public program re: Ticks ( Raising awareness on keeping tick-free and appropriate follow-up if needed) would be of use. Looking at June date.
  9. Possible interface between Lamoine State Park and the work of LCC.

Motions and Outcomes:

  1. Minutes of LCC Minutes of Feb. 29, 2012 were read and approved.
  2. The group agreed that it would be a good idea to have an LCC member attend the monthly meeting of the Planning Board.
  3. Decided to defer the evening program re: GET WET until next year or later.

Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:

  1. Larry Libby will attend the May 1st meeting of the Planning Board. Anne Labossiere will attend the one on June 5th.
  2. Bob Pulver will speak to Meaghan @ Soil and Water re: the possibility of accessing a rain gauge for use in the Hydrology of Blunts Pond Project.
  3. Willem Brutsaert will pick up some of the materials needed for the Blunts Pond Project (evaporation pan) from the Main eoffice of the USGS (United States Geological Survey).
  4. Bob Pulver will talk to the local director of Lamoine State Park to see how we might coordinate our work with theirs.
  5. Bob Pulver will put in a request to have LCC named as a recipient for the proceeds of one month's bottle returns @ the Lamoine Transfer Station.
  6. Carol Korty will talk to the presenter at the April 13th presentation @ Woodlawn re: Ticks to explore the possibility of having the person do one for us in June. She will e-mail us her findings and recommendations on this.
  7. Carol Korty will contact the Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife re: the GIS maps showing various habitat areas in Lamoine.
  8. Bob Pulver will talk with Fred Stocking re: How can we best move to finish up our work on open space. Do we need to have a workshop meeting to do this?
  9. Next Meeting, May 9, 2012:

Meeting was adjourned at 8:17 p.m.

Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary and approved on_________________