Members present: Bob Pulver, Chair; Carol Korty, Larry Libby and Anne LaBossiere
Absent Member/s: David Legere
Alternate/s: Doug Stewart
Absent Alternate: Nancy Pochan
Project Leader on Open Space: Fred Stocking, former commission member
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Pulver at 7:00 p.m.
- No member of the Planning Board or Selectmen was present.
- Review of the November minutes
- Open Space- Fred Stocking re: Date and format for the forum re: Lamoine Conservation and Open Space: The Next 20 years Fred had previously e-mailed commissioners his work to date on the information relevant to open space.
- The Jan. 8th public hearing at the planning board re: Gravel Extraction Permit of Harold MacQuinn re: Kittredge Pit Expansion
- Lamoine Conservation Commission Award
- Hancock County Planning Commission
- Carol showed an informational spread from Ocean Conservancy showing the extent of participation in the annual international shore clean up each fall since they launched the program 25 years ago. LCC has joined this effort the past few years, coordinating with Lamoine State Park's initiative.
- Doug Stewart reminded the group and those watching at home about the availability of 2013 Lamoine Historical Society calendars @ $10.00. These may be purchased at the Town Hall or from him.
Motions and Outcomes:
- Moved and seconded to approve the minutes of Nov. 14
- The group decided to hold the forum re: Lamoine conservation and Open Space: The Next 20 Years will be held at the Lamoine town Hall @ 7:00 p.m. on Jan. 22, 2013
Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:
- Letters will be sent to the Selectmen, Planning Board, Parks and Recreation, Shellfish Harvesting Advisory Committee, Lamoine Historical Society and Snowmobile Club re: the Jan. 22nd forum. Flyers will be posted locally.
- Anne LaBossiere will write an update on the work of LCC and submit it to Stu M. by 12/28 for inclusion in the next Lamoine Quarterly. Bob Pulver will ask Georgian Pulver to take a picture to accompany Anne's article.
- Assignments for the Jan. 22nd forum: Greeter: Bob Pulver; Moderator: Fred Stocking; Note taker: Larry Libby; Sign-up sheet and minutes: Anne LaBossiere; Refreshments: All.
- To obtain more information about the merits of Lamoine's joining the Hancock County Planning Commission, Carol Korty will consult Ruth Francius of Hancock's Planning Board. Larry Libby will contact a friend of his, C.W. Comer, who represents Sorrento on the Hancock County Planning Commission.
- Larry Libby will write a letter to the Planning Board on behalf of the Commission re: our noting some gaps in the application for a gravel extraction permit by Harold MacQuinn, Inc. Larry's letter will inquire how these identified gaps will be addressed.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:26 p.m.
Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary and approved on___________________.