Members present: Bob Pulver, Chair; David Legere, Carol Korty, Larry Libby, Anne LaBossiere
Alternate/s: Nancy Pochan, Doug Stewart
Others in Attendance: Ken Smith, Willem Brutsaert
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chm. Pulver @ 7:05pm.
- Bob Pulver gave a few highlights of the March 5 th meeting of the planning board.
- Open Space Distribution: Bob itemized how this has been done to date. Much discussion re: who should receive a copy and whether it should be a hard copy or a PDF.
- GET WET! March 12, John Peckenham will conduct an orientation meeting for students and interested adults on March 12 th at the Lamoine School @ 8:15 am. Volunteering to help with the March 14 th testing of water from students' wells will be Willem and Lieve Brutsaert, Carol Korty , Anne LaBossiere, Heidi, Bob and Georgian Pulver. Volunteers should arrive at 7:45 a.m. at the latest.
- Archive System: Space could be obtained in the Town's vault. Some of the first items that came to mind for such storage included the appendix for the Open Space Report and Inventory and the Gerber Report. Items stored in the archives are public documents, accessible to the public but not to be taken from the Town Hall. A question was raised re: whether the documents should be backed up in a PDF format.
- Trails Committee? Carol described the possibility of having a subcommittee which might be able to complement and support the work of LCC. Discussion re: working with landowners to obtain permission for the use of their lands that is used during the winter months by the Frenchman's Bay Riders Snowmobile Club. Further discussion touched on trying to get a manageable focus for our involvement on trails. It was suggested that we would be more effective if we focused on the existing trails in the town. It was decided to table the discussion on trails for now.
- Other: Carol Korty asked the group to think about what LCC is going to focus on in the coming year now that the Open Space Report and Inventory has been done.
Motions and Outcomes:
- Moved, seconded and approved the minutes of meetings on Jan. 9, Feb. 13, Feb. 27.
- Moved, seconded and passed that we create an archive committee. Among the tasks of said committee would be to establish a list of documents housed in the archives, policies re the development and maintenance of the archives.
Follow-up Actions and Who Will Do Them:
- Larry Libby volunteered to work on the archive committee.
- David Legere will ask Catherine deTuede if she would assist the emerging archive committee.
- Bob Pulver will ask Anne Stocking if she would also assist with the archival development.
- Nancy Pochan will talk to David Schick re: Simon's Trail.
- Nancy Pochan will speak to Lynda Tadema Wielandt re: the Friends of Lamoine Conservation Committee.
- Carol Korty will e-mail Anne LaB. the list of LCC projects, initiatives, since its inception for addition to these minutes. * (See below.)
Meeting was adjourned at 8:37pm.
Minutes taken by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary and approved on April 10, 2013.
* Some of the topics LCC has worked on in the past years are:
- 1. eliminating use of bottled water-danger to the oceans
- 2. eliminating use of plastic bags-danger to the oceans
- 3. ground water issues-locally and state wide-Who owns water?
- 4. recycling waste and composing bins
- 5. eel grass restoration
- 6. shore clean up
- 7. building Blue Bird houses
- 8. night skies
- 9. support of formation of shellfish committee
- 10. Blunt's Pond monitoring
- 11. trails
- 12. Open Space Report and Inventory