Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Conservation Commission
Work Session - March 17 2014 (Draft, subject to correction)
The LCC work session convened at 7:00 p.m. in Lamoine Town Hall to discuss possible options for an application to the Natural Resource Damage Compensation Plan for the Portland-Bangor Waste Oil Site in Ellsworth.
LCC Members: Larry Libby, Carol Korty, Doug Stewart and Anne LaBossiere
LCC Alternate Members: Linda Penkalski and Nancy Pochan
Members of the Public : Michael Brann, Willem Brutsaert, Jane Fowler, Michael Jordan and Gary McFarland
1. Helping residents deal with defective septic systems
It was mentioned during the discussion of this option that WHCA (Washington Hancock County Agency) and other groups and associations are available to assist homeowners who have faulty septic systems.
2. Potential program to remove/replace old, outside oil tanks in Lamoine. Information was shared re: this possible option and LCC members opted to not pursue it.
3. A testing program for arsenic, MTBE, etc. in the Lamoine water supply. At the invitation of the LCC, Willem Brutsaert shared information he had gathered relevant to this option.
1. LCC members agreed that option # 3 seemed to be our best choice if we did elect to submit a grant proposal.
2. Carol Korty will check with Michelle Gagnon, Planner for the City of Ellsworth, to obtain specifics re: deadline for submission of a grant for consideration and the format to be followed in the generation of said application.
3. Larry Libby, Willem Brutsaert and Carol Korty will meet on March 26th @ 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall to rough out the proposal if it seems doable in terms of meeting the deadline of application submittal. They will present their proposal at the April 9th meeting of the Lamoine Conservation Commission.
The work session wrapped up around 9:15 p.m.
Summary of the work session written by Anne LaBossiere, Secretary of the LCC.