Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes - December 9, 2015
Members present: Larry Libby, chair; Anne LaBossiere, Linda Penkalski, Doug Stewart, Larissa Thomas
Alternate members present: Nancy Pochan, Jeff Cosulich
Others in attendance: Carol Korty, Willem Brutsaert
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Libby at 7:06 PM.
1.Welcome to new alternate member Jeff Cosulich
2.Recyclable canvas bags: Larissa and Nancy discussed the idea of LCC ordering canvas bags with an LCC logo. We will discuss this further at the January meeting.
3. Recycle bottles at the Lamoine Transfer Station: Larry reminded us that March, 2016 is the month that LCC will receive the recycle money.
4. Comments from planning board/select board: Anne attended the November, 2015 Planning Board Meeting and reported on our activities. We do not have to attend every Planning Board meeting, but we might attend periodically.
5. Approval of minutes of October 14, 2015 meeting.
6. GET WET!: Linda contacted John Peckenham and Chris James, Lamoine School. January 20, 2016 at 9 AM will be John’s introduction and January 21, 2016 will be the water testing. Volunteers need to be at the school at 8 AM to help set up the stations and testing will start at 8:30 AM. January 27, 2016 will be the snow date. Linda will send out an e-mail for volunteers for the water testing.
7. Suggested input for the Comprehensive Plan: Larissa read from the document she wrote on input from the Lamoine Conservation Commission to the Comprehensive Planning Committee for their deliberations as they draft the updated comprehensive plan. The main topics are Land Management, Resource Stewardship and Climate Change. LCC and others in attendance discussed the possible concerns and possible actions related to the main topics. Larissa will update the document to include our suggested changes and e-mail it to LCC to verify the changes. She will then e-mail it to Fred Stocking. We can then send it to the Lamoine Town website with our monthly minutes.
8. Other: Larry passed around photos Phyllis Mobraaten took of the shoreline protection efforts at Marlboro Beach.
9. LCC met to discuss nominations for the 2016 Conservation Award.
Motions and Outcomes:
The minutes of the October 14, 2015 meeting were approved as distributed.
Follow-up actions and who will do them:
1. Linda will e-mail volunteers about the dates and times for GET WET! 2016.
2. Larissa will update the document on input from the Lamoine Conservation Commission to the Comprehensive Planning Committee and e-mail it to LCC to verify the suggested changes. After the changes are verified she will e-mail the document to Fred Stocking.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 PM.
Minutes taken by ________________________________ and approved on _______.