Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes, June 22, 2017
Members Present: Larry Libby, chair; Larissa Thomas, Anne LaBossiere, Linda Penkalski, Doug Stewart
Alternate members present: Jeff Cosulich, Mike Jordan
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Libby at 1:34 PM.
1. Approval of the May 10, 2017 minutes.
2. List of Associate Members of LCC: Larry passed out a list of Associate Members he and Anne worked on. Larry contacted everyone on the list, and they said that they are willing to be contacted to assist on a particular Commission project. Larry will forward the list to Stu to post on the town website. Larry will send all of us a list of their e-mail addresses.
3. Funds: The sale of the recycle bags has generated $189 and there are still a few remaining bags. Larissa gave some to Stu to give to new residents of Lamoine.
4. Pinkham Park: We looked at the Proposed Statement of Support for Pinkham Park as developed by Larissa and the letter of support sent to the Select Board in April, 2017 from Catherine Goebel, Chair, Lamoine Parks Commission and Larry Libby, Chair, Lamoine Conservation Commission. The Proposed Statement of Support for Pinkham Park was approved by LCC with the additional recommendations: signage encouraging parking in the designated parking lot and signage on the Mud Creek Road alerting drivers to the Park ahead for safety concerns.
5. Election of a new LCC Chair: Larissa Thomas was unanimously elected as the new LCC Chair. Jeff Cosulich has asked to become a member with Select Board approval and Kerry Diskin has asked to be a member with Select Board approval. We all thank Larry for his four years as LCC Chair and Anne as a member and note taker. Jeff will help Linda with note taking.
6. Lamoine 150: Lamoine 150 is brainstorming ideas and looking for help with the celebration of the Lamoine’s 150th birthday.
Motions and Outcomes:
1. The minutes of the May 10, 2017 meeting were approved as distributed.
2. The list of Associate Members was approved.
3. The Proposed Statement of Support for Pinkham Park was approved with the signage additions.
4. Larissa Thomas was elected the new LCC Chair.
Follow-up actions and who will do them:
1. Larry will send the list of Associate Members to Stu to list on the website.
2. Larry will send all of us the e-mail addresses of the Associate Members.
3. Larissa will send to Stu the updated Proposed Statement of Support for Pinkham Park.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:17 PM.
Minutes taken by ___________________________ and approved on ______________________.