Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Conservation Commission Minutes
February 20, 2019
Members Present: Larissa Thomas, Chair; Linda Penkalski, Doug Stewart, Kerry Diskin, Jeff Cosulich
Alternate Members Present: Mike Jordan, Diane Nicolls
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Thomas at 7:01 PM.
1. Approval of the January 9, 2019 minutes
2. Shoreland zone violations: update on K & T rentals: The forester changed the report to indicate that there was a violation. The outcome is that there will be re-forestration on the lots.
3. GET WET!: Linda will do the power point presentation at Lamoine Consolidated School at 1 PM on February 27, 2019. GET WET! will take place on February 28, 2019 in the Lamoine School gym. Volunteers will meet at 8:30 AM to set up and testing will take place at 9 AM. Linda, with Larissa’s help has been working on the Progress Report for the Maine Community Grant we received last year. It is due March 1, 2019. We did not spend all of the funds due to the donation of Secchi Discs. Linda will contact MCF to see if we can keep $40 to purchase gloves for next year’s testing.
4. Presentation on microplastics on March 13, 2019: Diane will touch base with Madelyn Woods before the talk. Linda will email the press release to the Ellsworth American on February 27th to go into the March 7th paper. Friends of Frenchman Bay have been contacted and they have informed their members about the talk. Light refreshments will be provided.
5. Gulf of Maine Symposium: Larissa forwarded information to us about the fall meeting in Portland.
6. Membership changes: Doug Stewart will be leaving the LCC at the end of June. Thank you Doug for all of your expertise, sense of humor, etc. for the past six years. Diane has agreed to move up to be a full member. Jack Robichaud has agreed to be an alternate member.
7. Conservation Award: The LCC has decided that no Conservation Award will be given this year.
Motions and Outcomes:
1. The minutes of the January 9, 2019 meeting were approved as distributed.
Follow-up actions and who will do them:
1. Linda will contact the Maine Community Foundation about keeping $40 from the Grant for gloves for next year’s testing.
2. Diane will touch base with Madelyn Woods before the March 13, 2019 public talk.
3. Linda will email the press release to the Ellsworth American.
4. Duties for the March 13, 2019 public talk:
Doug will bring coffee, cream and sugar
Linda will bake brownies
Larissa will bring tea and the cups
Diane will bring cider and cookies
Jeff will bring pretzels
5. Larissa will email the Select Board to let them know that Diane Nicolls wants to become a full member and that Jack Robichaud wants to be an alternate member. She will ask them when the Select Board meeting will be to discuss these changes.
The meeting adjourned at 7:24 PM.
Minutes taken by _________________________________ and approved on __________________________________.