Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Conservation Commission Minutes
May 8, 2019
Members Present: Larissa Thomas, Chair; Linda Penkalski, Doug Stewart, Jeff Cosulich
Alternate Members Present: Mike Jordan, Diane Nicolls
Absent Members: Kerry Diskin
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Thomas at 7:01 PM.
1. Approval of the April 10, 2019 minutes as submitted
2. Blunts Pond Property Update: The Select Board has approved the acceptance of the property. A warrant will be submitted for vote at the next Town Meeting in conjunction with the School Budget on May 15, 2019.
3. Explore Possibility for Commercial Solar Farm on Old Landfill: The Select Board has determined to request multiple Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Larissa conducted extensive research and identified 3 companies that have the capability to build the type of facility needed. An Advisory vote will be on June 11, 2019 and RFPs will be sent out at that time, if approved.
4. Frenchman Bay Conservancy Tidal Falls Grand Re-Opening : The festivities will be on Monday July 8, 2019. However, due to multiple scheduling conflicts with members of the Conservation Commission, we will be unable to participate officially.
5. Summer Guest Speaker: A speaker has yet to be identified by the Department of Marine Resources (DMR). They have expressed continued interest and will email Mike with a tentative date for us to discuss at the June Meeting of LCC. We are hopeful to have a confirmed date for the July / August time frame.
6. Donation of Remaining LCC Reusable Shopping Bags: The bags were dropped off at the General Store and hopefully are making their way into local households.
7. GET WET! Recap: Linda reported some good news as a result of her conversation with Leslie Good of the Maine Community Foundation. The Lamoine Conservation Commission will be able to retain the unused grant funds in the amount of $154.08 and will not be required to submit any additional reports regarding said funds.
8. Future Initiatives: September 9, 2019 has been suggested as a possible date to have the Annual Tree Walk at Simon Trail. Linda will follow up with Iris Simon to make sure that the date is okay, as well as with the appropriate faculty at the school.
The meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Minutes taken by _______ Jeff Cosulich __________________ and approved on