Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Conservation Commission Minutes
September 11, 2019 (Draft, subject to correction)
Members present: Larissa Thomas, chair; Linda Penkalski, Kerry Diskin, Diane Nicolls, Jeff Cosulich
Alternate Members present: Jack Robichaud
Alternate Member absent: Mike Jordan
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Thomas at 7:05 PM.
1. Approval of the August 14, 2019 minutes.
2. Commercial solar farm on old landfill update: Select Board agreed with the LCC recommendation to pursue the bid from SunPower at their meeting on September 5, 2019. Larissa was appointed to take the lead in the negotiations with SunPower. On Thursday September 19, 2019 at 2:00pm, representatives from SunPower will be in town to conduct a site inspection and attend the subsequent Select Board meeting to make a presentation and answer any questions.
3. Maine Coastweek Coastal cleanup: Saturday, September 21, 2019, is the date chosen by LCC and Lamoine 150. Low tide is 10 AM and the best time for the cleanup. Larissa and Kerry will lead teams meeting at Coley Cove & Seal Point Rd. Diane will lead a kayak based group on the Skillings River.
4. Simon Trail Tree Walk and Blunts Pond GET WET! testing updates: Simon Trail Tree walk is scheduled for September 16, 2019 with a rain date of September 23, 2019. There are 20 students, so there will be 3 groups. Groups will be led by Linda, Iris Simon and Anne Labossiere with help from Jeff. We will meet at 11:45 AM so we are not as rushed to complete the trail.
Blunts Pond GET WET! was conducted September 9, 2019 and September 10, 2019. It was a huge success with 13 students from the 6th and 7th grade classes participating in the testing. Kerry will be logging the test results gathered by the students.
5. Hancock County Soil and Water Conservation District grant update: Lamoine has been asked to serve as the financial administrator of the program to measure coliform bacteria in the Jordan River.
6. Future initiatives: There are no future initiatives right now.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:32 PM.
Minutes taken by Jeff Cosulich and approved on _____________________.