Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes - March 11, 2020
Larissa Thomas, chair;
Alternate member present: Mike Jordan, Jack Robichaud
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Thomas at 7:02 PM.
1. Approval of the February 12, 2020 minutes.
2. Card Brook watershed proposal update: The Card Brook Watershed proposal has been cancelled due to illness affecting the Ellsworth Planner. No further information is available at this time if the proposal may move forward at a later date.
3. SunPower commercial solar farm project update: No specific update(s) from SunPower other than they are planning on completing the wetland delineation at the site once the warmer weather arrives. Afterward, they will be able to evaluate whether the project can move forward.
speaker for spring:
SergeiBreus will give a presentation on Net Zero Construction on
Wednesday April 8, 2020 at the Lamoine School at 7:00pm. Members of the LCC will
provide the “usual” refreshments.
***** As a result of the growing concern of spreading the coronavirus, Larissa
cancelled the presentation scheduled for April 8th, after our March meeting
6. Electronics recycling event: Diane has been in touch with Electronics Endin Brewer, and the date will be Saturday, June 20, 2020 from 8 AM-noonat the Lamoine Transfer Station. There will be a voluntary donation box. We will invite Trenton, Hancock and Sullivan to participate, also.
7. Returnable Container Program: The Lamoine Conservation Commission will be the beneficiary of the revenue generated from the returnable bottles at the transfer station during the month of May 2020.
8. Maine Coastal Communities Grant: Due to severe time constraints and the inability to identify and solidify teaming arrangements with consultants to participate in the planning process, the application for the Maine Coastal Communities Grant has been pushed back until next year.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:28 PM.
Please check the calendar on the town’s website for the date & time of the next Lamoine Conservation Commission meeting.
Minutes taken by _____Jeff Cosulich________ and approved on ____________.