Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes - August 12, 2020 (Draft, subject to correction)
Members Present: Larissa Thomas, chair; Linda Penkalski, Kerry Diskin, Diane Nicolls
Member absent: Jack Robichaud
Alternate member absent: Mike Jordan
Meeting was convened at the Lamoine Town Hall by Chairman Thomas at 7:04 PM.
1. Approval of the March 11, 2020 and May 27, 2020 meetings.
2. May, 2020 LCC returnables revenue from the transfer station was $414.55.
3. Moving LCC old records from the vault to a file cabinet in the CEO/Assessing office. Motion was made and approved to move old records.
4. Blunts Pond GET WET! upcoming plans: Linda has been in contact with Dawn McPhail, Lamoine Consolidated School Principal, and at this time there will be no field trips due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will cancel the Simon Trail Tree Walk, also.
5. Coastal Communities Grant planning update: We can now apply for a Coastal Communities Grant as the Lamoine Comprehensive Plan has been approved by the State of Maine. Larissa spoke with folks at the Hancock County Water and Soil Conservation Commission and they narrowed down the focus of the grant to Marlboro Beach. One idea is to change the traffic pattern and constrain the parking to help control the erosion. Revegetation would also help the erosion problem. We would engage all possible stakeholders who use Marlboro Beach for commercial reasons. Unfortunately no one can recommend commercial consultants who would be available to help us with the grant, so we cannot go froward with the application which is due in April. Perhaps we could go in another direction and will discuss this in the future.
6. Vacancy on Joint Municipal Shellfishing Board: We do not have anyone to recommend for the vacancy.
7. Candidate for the LCC alternate vacancy: Diana Cassel won the coin toss and Larissa will let the Select Board that she is our choice.
Motions and Outcomes:
1. The minutes of the March 11, 2020 and May 27, 2020 meetings were approved as distributed.
2. We moved to allow the old LCC records from the vault to the CEO/Assessing office.
Follow-up actions and who will do them:
1. Linda will email Jeff Cosulich that the Lamoine Consolidated School activities will be canceled this September due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Diane will let Anne LaBossiere know about the cancellation of the Simon Trail Tree Walk.
3. Larissa will let the Select Board know that Diana Cassel is our choice for the alternate vacancy to the LCC.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:36 PM.
Minutes were taken by ___________________________ and approved on ________________________.