Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Shore Access Subcommittee
Minutes, May 3, 2017 (Draft, subject to correction)
Meeting convened by Chairwoman Rybarz at 5:30 PM
Attending: Kathleen Rybarz, Jeff Cosulich, Larry Libby (Absent : Doug Stewart)
Minutes of April 5, 2017 meeting approved as corrected.
· Cathy Goebel from Parks Commission has spoken with Fred Stocking who has communicated with Erva Pinkham re: formal language for donation / acceptance for land transfer.
· a Title Search is still required at approximate cost of ~$800
· Larry has spoken with a survey company and their services are estimated ~$1200
· Kathleen says there may be available funds in the Hodgkins Account to help defray these costs
· At this point in time, the ball is in Erva’s court to discuss the terms & language with her attorney / family / estate
Shore Road Parcel
· this 19 acre parcel is still on the market. Acquisition would require fund-raising. This sub-committee continues to see important potential for the parcel in the future, but for right now there seems to be an ample number of parcels in the works.
· Kathleen has been experimenting with a flyer to be mailed to residents to provide information concerning the ongoing needs, requirements and activities regarding shore access in Lamoine
· There was a brief discussion about whether there may be some overlapping with the different committees addressing the need for shore access.
Meeting Schedule: Next meeting is scheduled for July 12 at 5:30 in the town hall, if available.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM
Minutes submitted by Jeff Cosulich