Town of Lamoine, Maine
LAMOINE LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
V. Chairman Stocking called the meeting to order at 7:03pm. Following consideration of the minutes, Chairman B. Jones presided.
Members Present: G. Crawford, T. Dickey, D. Ford, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, R. Graham, B. Hanson, B. Jones, M. Jordan, L. Landon, R. McDevitt, K. Rybarz, S. Smith, F. Stocking, C. Tadema-Wielandt, J. Wuorinen.
Members Absent: E. Curtis, Jane Fowler, Jay Fowler, C.W. Hemingway, B. Marckoon,
J. Thibeault, J. Young
Members of the Public in Attendance: G. Ford, S. Joy, T. Towne.
Minutes of October 26, 2004. Under “members present”, correct spelling to read: J. Wuorinen. In Item #3, reference to the ICPO code should read “ICBO”. The minutes were approved as amended.
1. Interim Report to the Board of Selectmen. The content of a draft of an interim report to the Town Selectmen was discussed. A wide ranging discussion ensued – frequently extending beyond the more limited bounds of the report.
- R. McDevitt stated his intent in proposing a memorial is to “honor” ALL who served whether living or deceased.
- D. Ford suggested we could consider a growth cap (restricting the number of building permits issued in a given year) in lieu of a moratorium
- J. Wuorinen indicated he would read Protecting Water Resources for Smart Growth and bring to a future meeting potentially useful information.
- D. Ford introduced the subject of soil receptivity to sewerage disposal. A discussion followed about wetlands, the sometimes need for/absence of technical expertise dealing with water issues, circuit breakers in the Building and Land Use Ordinance – a free flow of ideas that need further discussion in a more structured manner.
- M. Garrett requested specific changes/additions to the interim report. The following “changes” will be incorporated into the final draft for presentation to the Selectmen at their December 2, 2004 meeting.
a. In 1. Moratorium, mention will be made of the Planning Board’s present efforts to adopt some growth control measures. The word “issuance” will be changed to “implementation”. And the words: at this time” will be added after “moratorium” in the final sentence.
b. In 4. Memorial, A change will be made to reflect a desire that a memorial include ALL who served in defense of the country, whether living or deceased.
c. After the final sentence, reference will be made to future reports of the Committee to the Board of Selectmen.
F. Stocking moved, seconded by M. Jordan, that the Interim report be adopted as amended above. The vote was unanimous.
2. Items for future discussion. M. Garrett suggested the committee
specify items it wishes to consider and devote one or more meetings to discussion
of one (and only one) of those items at a time. Specified
A closing consensus held that the single topic for the November 30th meeting will be consideration of a Town memorial.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Tuesday, November 30, 2004 Lamoine School 7:00pm
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 Lamoine School 7:00pm