Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Planning Board
Minutes of September 7, 2010
Chairman J. Holt called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
Board Members Present: D. Bamman, G. Donaldson, J. Gallagher, M. Garrett, J. Holt, M. Jordan, C. Tadema-Wielandt
Members of the Public in Attendance: J. Cosulich, K. DeFusco, D. Grasso, S. Joy, P. MacQuinn, S. Salsbury, C. Upton, J. VanAmringe
CEO: D. Ford
Minutes: Minutes of August 10, 2010 were accepted as presented.
CEO Reports: The CEO's reports were accepted as presented.
No Conservation Commission business or correspondence was presented.
1. Site Plan Review Application – J. VanAmringe, Map 1, Lot 32.
J. VanAmringe proposes to construct a 2,800 square foot barn on the Shore Road. The Board reviewed the application review checklist. G. Donaldson moved and M. Garrett seconded a motion to tentatively accept the application as complete with the following issues to be acted upon at the site visit at 5:45 pm. Wednesday September 22, 2010.
The motion passed unanimously. A Site visit is scheduled for 5:45 pm on Wednesday, September 22, 2010. Board members are to meet at the site. A Public Hearing is scheduled for 6:30 pm on Tuesday, October 5. 2010 at the Town Hall.
2. Request of S. Joy to extend the permit for the Raccoon Hollow subdivision for one year. Following a discussion of S. Joy's intention and financial capacity to fulfill a condition of the original permit (i.e. to ‘upgrade' Pasture Way to meet ordinance standards), J. Gallagher proposed an additional condition.
The condition is: “S. Joy will make periodic reports to the CEO on the progress of Pasture Way and the CEO is to certify to the Board that the finished project meets ordinance standards.”
M. Garrett moved and G. Donaldson seconded a motion to grant a one year extension (to be dated September 7, 2010) with the above condition. The vote was 4 in favor; C. Tadema-Wielandt abstained.
The Board considered gravel pit renewal applications for seven gravel pits, six in the name of MacQuinn, Inc; one in the name of R.F.Jordan & Sons. In deliberation, the Board found several missing and/or inaccurate items. Since the missing and/or inaccurate items apply to all pits considered, the Board applied identical conditions to each of the seven pits considered. Those conditions are:
Bank letters attesting to financial capacity need to carry a proper letterhead AND be currently dated. ( Application requirement #8.)
More specific information about the landscaping/vegetation plan – type of materials to be sown, type and spacing of trees/shrubs, etc. (Application requirement #9)
A new application requirement (#5 -- one not present on the existing application) needs to be met. That requirement calls for a color coded map(s) depicting the area of the applicant's extraction operation for the three years preceding this permit application; the area of intended extraction during the three years covered by this application; any areas of the pit which have been fully restored; and any area(s) of the pit from which no further extraction is anticipated (closed portion). These four areas need to be clearly delineated.
The Board took the following action on each of the seven pits.
1. MacQuinn Pit, Map 3, Lots 31 & 33. M. Garrett moved and J. Gallagher seconded a motion to find the application complete with the three conditions stated above. The vote was 5 in favor; 0 opposed.
2&3 MacQuinn Pit(s), Map 7, Lot 7; Map 7, Lot 9. G. Donaldson moved and J. Gallagher seconded a motion to find the applications complete with the three conditions stated above. The vote was 5 in favor; 0 opposed.
4. MacQuinn Pit, Map 3, Lot 42. M. Garrett moved and J. Gallagher seconded a motion to find the application complete with the three conditions stated above. The vote was 5 in favor; 0 opposed.
5 & 6. MacQuinn Pit(s) – Map 9, Lot 13; Map 20, Lot 12. M. Garrett moved and J. Gallagher seconded a motion to find the applications complete with the three conditions stated above. The vote was 4 in favor. G. Donaldson abstained.
7. R.F. Jordan & Sons Pit. Map 3, Lot 4. M. Garrett moved and J. Gallagher seconded a motion to find the application complete with the three conditions stated above. The vote was 5 in favor; 0 opposed.
Site visits for all of these pits is scheduled to begin at 2:30 pm on Monday, September 13, 2010. Board members will assemble at the RF Jordan & Sons pit (Map 3, Lot 4) at 2:30 pm.
8. Pre-application – Site Plan Review – D. Gott & Sons expansion of a gravel pit. Map 3, Lot 8; Map 3, Lot 6. The Board engaged in a discussion of the merits of considering an application for gravel extraction from a pit for which a permit for gravel extraction was recently denied and the denial upheld by the Board of Appeals. The Board concluded it has an obligation to entertain any application properly submitted. The Board will consider the application at its October meeting.
1.Consideration of potential permit expiration without fulfilling ordinance requirements. Wayne Wright. Map 4, Lot 34. M. Garrett was directed to inform Wayne Wright that a permit extension might be necessary if work on his subdivision is not completed before the two year expiration of his subdivision permit (December 2. 2010).
2. Consideration of a request from the Board of Selectmen to meet with the Planning Board to discuss zoning and Site Plan Review Ordinance changes with the intent of facilitating business development . J. Holt will communicate with the Select Board to define the structure of the discussion and a date on which such a discussion might be held.
3. The Ordinance workshop originally scheduled for Tuesday, September 21, 2010 is changed to 6:30 pm on Wednesday, September 22, 2010. At the Town Hall?
The meeting adjourned at 10:02 pm.
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Monday, September 13, 2010. Seven gravel pit inspections beginning at 2:30 pm. Board members are to assemble at the RF Jordan Pit (Map 3, Lot 4) on Route 184.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010. 5:45 pm. Site visit to assess the Site Plan Review application of J. VanAmringe on Shore Road.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010. PUBLIC HEARING. Site Plan Application of J. Van Amringe. 6:30 pm. Town Hall
Tuesday, October 5, 2010. Monthly Board meeting. 7:00 pm. Town Hall.