Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Planning Board Minutes
June 7, 2011
Planning Board Members:
Present: Holt, Gallagher, Donaldson, Jordan, Fowler, Bamman (6:47), Tadema-Wielandt (6:55)
Code Enforcement Officer: Ford (6:55)
Members of the Public
Secretary Donaldson asked if the Board wanted the minutes to identify dissenting and abstaining members when the Board votes. The consensus was to continue this practice, as it provides a record for future reference, particularly in the case where a member might want to reconsider a vote.
Moved (Gallagher/Jordan) to accept the Minutes of the May 3 meeting. Approved 5-0 (Fowler and Jordan voting)
Moved (Holt/Bamman) to accept the Minutes of the May 18 meeting, with the substitution of the word “elicited” for the word “surfaced”. Approved 4-0
SPR Completeness Review : The Board agreed to consider the Pre-Application simultaneously with the following completeness review of the full application. S. Salsbury made a brief oral presentation of the project: two structures located approximately 365 feet West of Rte. 184 across from Mr. Workman's current boat yard; a 46X60 building for boat construction; a 10X20 building to serve as a heating unit for the development; located on an approximately 20 acre lot, with ½ acre to be covered by the two structures and a gravel parking/storage area.
During the review, the following notes were recorded for the benefit of the applicant and the Board:
- I-2 No transparency was presented. It is at Salsbury's office.
- I-3e The status of the property tax payments on the lot remains unknown.
- I-4c PB requests that the applicant draw in the septic and well for the residence on the property.
- I-4e PB requests that the applicant show on the development plan both of the drainage/water courses that appear on the hand drawn map on page 21.
- I-4g See note for I-4e
Moved (Donaldson/Gallagher) to find the SPR application complete, with the understanding that Board's requests (above) will be met. Approved 5-0
Industrial Use Permit /Building Permit
The Board examined the review criteria for an Industrial Use Permit (BLUO). Most of the information called for in the Development Plan appears to be contained in the SPR application. The Board noted that:
- i. it is not clear at this time whether an Environmental Impact Study will be necessary;
- ii. the applicant must provide detail regarding the structures, their materials, and construction (see Development Plan item 5e)
- iii. the applicant address the possibility of generating “dust and fumes”
- iv. it will be to the applicant's advantage to provide any additional information that pertains to any of these review criteria.
The applicant will need to present an application for an Industrial Use and for a Building Permit.
Site Visit: Monday June 13 at 4 p.m.
Public Hearing: July 5 at 6:30, pending the results of the site visit.
- Gravel Permit Renewals, Doug Gott and Sons
i. Completeness review of application for Map 1 Lot 70 (Deerworldz) pit. The application was found complete (see review sheet) The Board did not feel a site visit was necessary, given that this pit is immediately adjacent to the three other pits (below) recently visited.
ii. Application Reviews for pits located at Map 4 Lots 11 & 16 and Map 1 Lot 67-1 The Board agreed to add the Map 1 Lot 70 pit, reviewing these four contiguous pits simultaneously.The Board voted unanimously that the applications met the review criteria except in the following instances:
- Criterion 4 Approved: 3-1(Tadema-Wielandt) (Donaldson abstained)
- Criterion 6 Approved 4-0 (Bamman abstained)
Holt noted that Criterion 8 D requires pit operators/owners who propose no restoration as part of the application to establish an escrow account with the Town and to pay into it through the life of the permit (see paragraph 4). After discussion, Holt (Bamman) moved to recommend to the Select Board that this aspect of the ordinance be enforced and that a mechanism be established to collect funds for escrow accounts from operators who have not proposed any restoration. (this would pertain to Gott pits Map 4 Lots 11 and 16). Approved 5-0.
Moved (Gallagher/Bamman) to renew permits for Map 4 Lots 11 & 16 and Map 1 Lots 67-1 and 70. Approved 5-0.
Gordon Donaldson, Secretary