Planning Board Members Present: Holt, Donaldson, Tadema-Wielandt, Jordan (alt) and Fowler (alt)
Absent: Bamman, Gallagher
Code Enforcement Officer Absent: D. Ford
Members of the Public S. Hann, E. Hann, C. Brey, R. Brey, R. McMullen, D. Legere
1. Chair Holt called to order at 6:30 p.m. a Public Hearing on an application for a change of use/commercial permit from Richard McMullen (Map 4 Lot 21-A) regarding his plans to operate a retail sales business selling snowplow/sanding equipment.
R. Brey, a neighbor, commented that the applicant has planted trees for screening between his operation and Mr. Brey's house and that he hopes this buffer will be well maintained and improved over time. C. Brey, a neighbor, inquired about the expected traffic to and from the operation. McMullen responded that he was “not sure” but thought it would be “not a whole lot more than now”; he reiterated that the business would only be open Mondays through Fridays.
There being no other questions or comments, Chair Holt closed the hearing at 6:33 p.m.
2. Chair Holt called to order at 6:34 p.m. a Public Hearing on an application for a commercial permit from Eric and Susan Hann to operate a bed and breakfast (Map 13 Lot 6) in their reconstructed home on Lamoine Point.
No questions were posed nor comments registered.
Chair Holt closed the hearing at 6:35 p.m.
- Chair Holt called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
- Consideration of Minutes - After reviewing corrections to the June minutes, Tadema-Wielandt (Jordan) moved to approve them as amended. Approved by vote: 4-0 (Fowler not voting as he was not present in June)
- Code Enforcement Officer's Reports - Both reports were reviewed and accepted for filing.
- Conservation Commission - David Legere reported on the work of the LCC and invited the Planning Board to a July 11 meeting regarding their work on hiking trails in town (7:00 at the Town Hall)
- Old Business
- Application for a change of use/commercial permit from Richard McMullen (Map 4 Lot 21-A) - The Board evaluated the application on the Review Criteria for commercial applications of this size (BLUO Section 7B (4). See Review Checklist. Finding that the application meets all applicable criteria, Donaldson (Tadema-Wielandt) moved to approve a commercial use permit for the purposes stated. Approved by vote: 4-0 (Fowler not voting)
- Application for a commercial permit from Eric and Susan Hann to operate a bed and breakfast (Map 13 Lot 6). - The Board reviewed additional information submitted by the applicants, as per the Board's request in June. The Board found all information to be complete (parking space designation; map of entire lot; a more detailed and accurate plot plan of the house/driveway/septic area – see Map 2A ). Jordan (Tadema-Wielandt) moved to find the application complete. Approved by vote: 4-0 (Fowler not voting). The Board evaluated the application on the Review Criteria for commercial applications of this size (BLUO Section 7B (4), as per the Board's ruling in June. See Review Checklist. Finding that the application meets all applicable criteria, Donaldson (Jordan) moved to approve a commercial use permit for the purposes stated. Approved by vote: 4-0 (Fowler not voting) The Board agreed that we should clarify the procedures for permitting a bed and breakfast in the Building and Land Use Ordinance.
- New Business - None
- Other Public Matters - None
- Ordinance Matters -- To be taken up at the next Ordinance Workshop - Holt to compile changes agreed to and present a full revised version of the Gravel Ordinance for review. Donaldson to compile possible new and/or revised “Definitions” .
- Election of Officers
- Donaldson (Tadema-Wielandt) nominated John Holt as Chair. Holt was elected by vote: 5-0.
- Jordan (Holt) nominated Donaldson as Secretary. Donaldson was elected by vote: 5-0.
- Fowler (Donaldson) nominated Bamman as Vice Chair. Bamman was elected by vote: 5-0.
- Reappointments of Fowler, Jordan, and Bamman for the coming year: Fowler has received notice of his reappointment as Alternate Member.
- Next Meetings:
- July 17 at 6:30 at Town Hall: Ordinance Workshop
- August 7 at 7:00 August Meeting (Donaldson will be absent)
- September 4 at 7:00 September Meeting
- Adjourned at 7:37 p.m.
Gordon Donaldson, Secretary