Planning Board Members Present: Holt, Bamman, Gallagher, Weber (alt), Fowler (alt)
Absent: Donaldson, Tadema-Wielandt
Code Enforcement Officer Present: M. Jordan
Members of the Public Carol Korty
Members of the Press None
- Chair Holt called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
- Consideration of Minutes
- July 2, 2013 Meeting: Gallagher (Bamman) moved to approve the minutes as written. Vote: 5-0 to approve
- Code Enforcement Officer's Report
- Permits Issued – written report accepted
- Enforcement Actions – written report accepted
- Conservation Commission (Carol Korty)
- Commission has sorted archives to be kept in the Town vault
- Compiling list of recreational facilities/trails in Lamoine
- Noted Maine DEP has established a $500,000 fund to be allocated to communities along the aquifer for projects protecting water quality, such as septic system replacement
- Old Business
- Gravel/Site Plan Review Application for Gott (Map 3 Lot 8) - Withdrawn, may apply again at a future date
- Gravel/Site Plan Review Application for MacQuinn (Map 3 Lots 31,33) – According to an e-mail message from Steve Salsbury dated 8/6/13, the applicant is pursuing the required test wells and has gotten quotes in the $55,000 - $65,000 range for this work. They have requested a meeting with the Board to further discuss the project before committing to this expense. The message notes the applicant would like to “discuss conditional approval, overall scope of the excavation and/or possibly phasing the project to lessen the impact..” The Board felt more information was needed prior to discussing this any further. A motion was made by Fowler (Gallagher) directing the Chair to inform the applicant in writing that we are willing to discuss these proposals with them in attendance at a future meeting. Vote: 5-0 to approve
- New Business – None.
- Other Public Matters - None
- Ordinance Matters
- Given that two regular Board members were not in attendance, the Board decided to withhold further discussion of the Gravel Ordinance amendments until the next regular meeting. Due to the pending workload it was decided to schedule additional meetings for the upcoming months.
- Next Meetings:
- September 3, 2013 Monthly meeting
- September 17, 2013 Special meting, 7 p.m. at the Town Office
- October 1, 2013 Monthly meeting
- October 15, 2013 Special meeting, 7 p.m. at the Town Office
- Adjourned at 7:39 p.m.
Donald Bamman, Vice Chair (and temporary secretary in Donaldson's absence)