Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
|Minutes - November 7, 2016 (Draft, subject to correction)|
Planning Board Members
Code Enforcement Officer
Members of the Public
Members of the Press None.
Chair Holt called the regular monthly Planning Board meeting to order at 7:05 PM.
1. Consideration of Minutes of the September 12, 2016 meeting. A number of clarifications were suggested, and subsequently, upon MOTION by Holt (Bamman) the minutes were APPROVED 5-0. Consideration of the Minutes of the October 3 meeting were postponed until the December 5, 2016 meeting.
2. Code Enforcement Officer’s Report ~ CEO absent
a. Permits Issued (5+4 incl. dupl. from 9/26 report) ~ Report accepted.
b. Enforcement Issues (5) ~ No changes have been made to the list, even though changes have occurred to individual items listed.
c. Conditional Permit follow-up (4) ~ No changes have been made to the list, even though changes have occurred to individual items listed.
3. Conservation Commission ~ No report, however, D. Legere lamented that even though State funding had been received years earlier, and materials delivered for bog bridges and work in the parking lot of the Simon Trail, no actual work has been commenced. Furthermore, it was disclosed that shore-land bounds beyond the culvert at the S-curve on the Mud Creek Road, have not been installed.
4. Old Business ~
a. Holt v. SARJOY. CEO Gallegos was to have met with Town Counsel after the Selectboard’s November 3 Meeting to discuss this issue. CEO not present to report thereon.
b. Gravel Permit Application-Harold MacQuinn, Inc. Map 3-lot 31&33, Kittredge Pit. The water quality, and Manring boundary set-back information requested at the October 3 meeting has been provided, and therefore the Application is now complete. The site walk having been previously completed, the Board commenced to review the application pursuant to the Performance Standards
(Section 8) of the Gravel Ordinance. See attached Findings of Fact & Decision.
Issues of concern were as follows:
1. Manring 100’ buffer (new plan to come)
2. Screening along Douglas Highway to be completed by 6/30/17
3. Restoration Plan to be filed at HCRD.
4. Timely filing of annual reports.
5. Excavation in pit at a slope greater than 2.5 to 1.
VOTED 5-0 to issue permit at such time as all conditions have been met, such permit to run to the end of October 2019.
c. Gravel Permit Application- Completeness Review-Harold MacQuinn, Inc. Map 7-lot 9, Beal Pit. Additional data provided, current R.E. tax information, revised plan showing the entire parcel with existing property lines and contours, and the required well causes the application to be complete.
d. Gravel Permit Application-Completeness Review-Harold MacQuinn, Inc. Map 3-lots 42 and 43-1, Asher Pit. All required additional data now provided i.e. shoreland zone, additional R.O.W., and abutting owner, all shown on the plan, current R.E. tax information and water test data from well 1-D, causes the application to be complete.
e. Gravel Permit Application-Completeness Review-John Goodwin, Jr. Map 1-lot 75, East Lamoine Pit. All previously required information now provided, to wit: new financial capacity statement, current R.E. tax information, well and water test data, and copies of MDEP permits, cause this application to be complete.
f. Gravel Permit Application-Completeness Review-John Goodwin, Jr. Map 4-
lot 41-1, and Map 5 lot 15, Davis Pit. All previously required information including a new financial capacity statement, and the drilling of a new well, have caused this application to be complete.
Site walks of the four above pits, Beal, Asher, East Lamoine, and Davis, are scheduled for Monday November 14 at 2 pm. Meet at the Town Hall. Public Hearings will be conducted on December 5, beginning at 6:30, prior to the regularly scheduled Planning Board meeting
5. New Business~
Ordinance Development to proceed after the holidays.
Consideration of the revised Shoreland
Zone will take place on January 16 (MLK day).
6. Future Meetings ~January 5, February 6, and March 6, 2017.
Adjourned at 8:50 PM.
C. D. Tadema-Wielandt, Secretary