Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
|Minutes - July 11, 2016 (Draft, subject to correction)|
Planning Board Members
Code Enforcement Officer
Members of the Public
Members of the Press
1. Public Hearing on Commercial Building Permit Application by Michael Bradford- Map 6 lot 1-4. Chair Holt called the Public Hearing to order at 6:35 p.m., gave a brief explanation of the status of the project, and there being no public comment, closed the Public Hearing at 6:38 p.m.
2. Public Hearing on Commercial Building Permit Application by State of Maine, Bureau of Parks and Lands (BPL) - Map 13 lot 45. Chair Holt called the Public Hearing to order at 6:39 p.m. Matt Hamilton of the BPL gave a brief explanation of the proposed building, a 28’x48’ group camping kitchen shelter with mostly open, or half-open wall sections, and several full height wall sections. Ron Gastia, a long-time park user and camper from Bangor spoke, and explained that this project is the result of a grass roots effort by a group of people like him, who have visited and used the park twice a year for the last 40 years. Members of this group has raised more than $25,000 toward the cost, and have arranged for donations of sinks, counter tops, and other kitchen and cooking equipment. Mike Leighton, the Northern Region Manager for the BPL spoke about all of the effort and support from the Gastia group, and said that this will be only the second such structure in a Maine State Park. There being no further public comment, the Public Hearing was closed at 6:48 p.m.
Chair Holt then called the regular monthly Planning Board meeting to order at 6:50 PM.
3. Consideration of Minutes of the June 6, 2016 meeting was postponed to the August 1 meeting, as they were not received in time for several members to adequately review.
4. Code Enforcement Officer’s Report
a. Permits Issued (11+8) ~ Report accepted.
b. Enforcement Issues (2) ~ Report accepted.
c. Conditional Permit follow up (4) ~ Report accepted
5. Conservation Commission ~ No report.
6. Old Business ~
a. Review for Commercial Building Permit Application by Michael Bradford-Map 6 lot 1-4. Michael Bradford and Stephanie Eaton (Bradford) propose to construct three commercial buildings (one auto detailing shop, and two self-storage buildings) in the development zone of a 6.5 Acre lot. Last month, the Board reviewed the Application for completeness, and found (5-0) that it lacked only front and side elevation views to be complete. Those have since been submitted, and the Board, finding the Application to be complete, and having been provided by S. Salsbury, a Tier I Freshwater Wetland Permit from the MDEP, VOTED 4-0 to proceed to Review the Permit Application. The Board then reviewed the Application in accordance with Sec. 7 (b) 4 of the Building and Land Use Code. See appended Review Criteria. The Board found, unanimously, that the application met all review criteria, and APPROVED the Permit
b. Review of Commercial Building Permit Application by State of Maine, Bureau of Parks and Lands-Map 13 lot 45. A 28’ x 48’ group camping kitchen shelter is proposed to be constructed on land at the Lamoine State Park. Last month, the Board found the Application complete. Three Board members (D. Bamman, S. Gable-Richards and D. Legere) having visited the site on behalf of the Board, and all having been found to be in order, the Board VOTED 4-0 to proceed to Review the Permit Application. . The Board then reviewed the Application in accordance with Sec. 7 (b) 4 of the Building and Land Use Code. See appended Review Criteria. The Board found, unanimously, that the application met all review criteria, and APPROVED the Permit.
c. Marlboro Mist Phase II-illegal subdivision and sale of two unapproved lots. Chair Holt requested and received guidance from the MMA, and from Town Counsel Tony Beardsley (attached). Kenneth and Pamela Hoogerhyde, owners of lot 5, purchased adjoining land, being a portion of lot 11 of said subdivision, from Sarjoy, Inc., the original developer, and sought a permit to construct a garage on said new lot. The CEO refused to issue a permit for the planned garage, as it is too close to the lot line between lots 5 and Hoogerhyde’s portion of lot 11. After considerable discussion, it was suggested that Sarjoy, Inc. should have filed a revised subdivision plan, and may still do so Failing that, the Hoogerhydes may file for an amendment to said plan.
d. D. Gott & Sons Commercial Building Permit, Map 3 lot 8 has expired, and Chair Holt wants to know whether Gott still intends to construct the proposed and permitted building. S. Salsbury says he believes so, and will ask Mr. Gott when he intends to apply for a new permit.
e. H. MacQuinn (King Pit) lacks the required annual report, which was due on April 30, 2016. The required reclamation should also have been completed, but has not been. D. Legere opined that more definitive dates (rather than “Spring”) should be established for the collection and submission of water well test results.
7. New Business~
Election of Officers for the year July1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. R. McMullen (Legere) MOVED, and it was unanimously VOTED to re-elect the current officers, to wit:
Chair, John Holt
Vice Chair, Don Bamman
Secretary, Chris Tadema-Wielandt
Tadema-Wielandt queried whether there was any interest or desire to return to Monday night Board meetings. There was none.
8. Future Meetings ~
August 1, 2016, and September 5, and October 3,2016
Adjourned at 8:11 PM.
Respectfully Submitted,C. D. Tadema-Wielandt, Secretary