MINUTES OF THE LAMOINE PLANNING BOARD
November 12, 2002
Chairman P. Fowler called the meeting to order at 7:07pm
Board Members Present: J. Bragdon, D. Coleman, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, M.A. Orzel, D. Smallidge
Code Enforcement Officer – J. Holdsworth
Members of the Public in Attendance: J. Bennett, T. Bunker, G. Ford, P. Frederick, T. Gott, R. Houston,
G. Hunt, J. Jerabek, C. Korty, S. Leonard-Johnson, E. McMillen, B. Mills, Alfred Pettegrow,
Anthony Pettegrow, J. Pettegrow, M. Pettegrow
Minutes – Minutes of the October 8, 2002 meeting were accepted as written.
Code Enforcement Officer’s Reports - The reports were accepted and placed on file.
Conservation Commission - C. Korty, representing the Commission, stated there is no report for
1. Shoreland Zoning (Parking Lot) Permit – Anthony and Josette Pettegrow, Map 8, Lot 12-2. Following a lengthy discussion, a motion to accept the permit application as complete was made by D. Smallidge and seconded by M. Garrett. The affirmative vote was unanimous.
Following another lengthy discussion about the merits of the permit, M. Garrett moved and D. Smallidge
seconded a motion to grant the permit with one specific condition and two ‘informal agreements’ made
with the Pettegrows.
The condition: A formal restoration plan will be presented to the Board within a month. The
areas to be vegetated are those designated on a map labeled “Plan of Proposed
Restored Areas” drawn by S. Salisbury and submitted to the Board at this meeting.
Informal agreements made with the Pettegrows. The Pettegrows will:
a) attempt to regulate the hours of truck refrigeration to minimize the sound impact
b) plant trees as sound barriers wherever such trees might effectively muffle sound.
The vote to grant the permit was: 3 in favor; 1 opposed (D. Coleman), 1 abstain (P. Fowler).
2. Driveway in Shoreland Zone Permit – T. Morrison Map 8, Lot 5. There being no one to represent
the request, no action was taken.
3. Subdivision Application – J. A. Davis Map 4, Lot 41. There being neither an application available nor
any one to represent the applicant, no action was taken.
1. SSWD in Shoreland Zone – Steve & Pat Leonard-Johnson Map 1, Lot 6. Upon motion of D.
Coleman, seconded by D. Smallidge and assurance from J. Holdsworth the system meets
requirements, a unanimous vote to grant the permit was recorded.
2. Extension of Building & SZO Permit – Merrill Bunker Map 1, Lot 21. M.A. Orzel moved and
D. Coleman seconded a motion to grant a permit extension. The vote was unanimous.
3. Gravel Pit Renewal – G. Jordan/J. Fowler Map 7, Lot 16. There being no application to consider and
no one to present testimony, no action was taken.
4. Status of Appeal - Carleton Johnson. No person was present to speak to the issue. The Board,
consequently, took no action
Budget – 2003/04
The Board will not, as was done last year, seek membership in the Hancock County Planning Commission. That upon a motion made by D. Smallidge and seconded by J. Bragdon. The vote was
four in the affirmative (i.e. not to join); one (MA Orzel) in the negative.
The Board believes it can operate effectively within the fifteen hundred dollars proposed in the 2003-04 budget.
ORDINANCE WORKSHOP – The Board will meet at 7:00pm on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at the Town
Hall to consider proposed changes to the Building and Land Use Ordinance
NEXT MEETING – The December meeting of the Planning Board will be at 7:00pm on Tuesday, December 3rd.
The meeting adjourned at 9:27pm.
Approved December 3, 2002