Chairman Fowler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm
Board Members Present –D. Coleman, G. Donaldson, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, L. Haft, M.A.Orzel, D. Smallidge
Code Enforcement Officer – J. Holdsworth
Members of the Public in Attendance: R. Alvarez, K. Berry, S. Branch, P. Briggs, G. Ford, P. Frederick, M. Harriman, B. Johnston, R. King, C. Korty, R. Pulver, R. Pulver, J. Wuorinen
Minutes - Though the Board took no action on his request, D. Smallidge requests the minutes reflect his recommendation that a cement pad be required for the Gott Stump Grinding operation, Map 4, Lot 16. Offered as an amendment to the minutes, the minutes of May 6, 2003 were unanimously accepted as amended.
Code Enforcement Officers Reports: The reports were accepted and placed on file.
Conservation Commission – C. Korty announced that the once postponed program featuring Barbara Welch, of the Frenchman Bay Conservancy, will be held at the Commission’s June meeting, Wednesday, June 11, 2003
1. Ring/Benson subdivision, Map 5, Lot 14. There is no signed copy of the final subdivision plan on file at the Town Hall. The Board is confident two copies were signed and figures both were removed by the developer on the night of the signing. M. Garret will ask S. Marckoon the most expeditious way to secure a signed copy.
2. Site Plan Review – Gott Stump Grinding Operation – Map 4, Lot 16. At the request of Gott & Son, this item was tabled until the July meeting.
3. Subdivision – Richard King/M. Harriman, Map 7, Lot 4-1. A site visit is scheduled for 7:30am, Sunday, June 8, 2003. Viewers will assemble at the Town Hall at 7:30am. R. King has been asked to supply on the map, the name of the abutter directly across Rte. 184 and to show all wetlands, including the amount of acreage affected by wetlands on each lot.
4. Gravel Pit – Fowler/Jordan, Map 7, Lot 16. Following receipt of requested
information, M. Garrett moved and G. Donaldson seconded a motion to approve
issuance of a gravel permit. The vote was unanimous.
5. Status of Site Plan Review Application – A & J Pettegrow, Map 8, Lot 12-2. Nearly two years ago, a parking lot was expanded without a permit from the Town of Lamoine. The issue remains unresolved -- to the consternation of some complainants. In April, an incomplete Site Plan Review preliminary application was remanded to the Pettegrows in anticipation it would be resubmitted as a complete application in May. As of the Planning Board meeting on June 2, 2003, no such application has been presented. The delay is difficult to understand. The complainants --indeed all parties -- are entitled to a resolution.
G. Donaldson moved, seconded by D. Coleman, that the Planning Board recommend to the Selectmen that the Pettegrows be cited immediately for operating a Lobster Pound without Site Plan approval and a Shoreland permit and that an appropriate penalty be assessed. The vote was four in favor. P. Fowler abstained.
1. Subdivision Pre-Application, - Steve Joy, Map 4, Lot 36. There being no one present to represent the developer, the item was tabled indefinitely.
2. Shoreland Zoning Permit – A.Moldawer, Map 16, Lot 50. A Moldawer proposes to move an existing structure, presently sitting 76 feet from the normal high water line, back eight feet in order to build a deck -- a new structure --which would extend to the existing 76 foot line. Section 15 B, 1 of the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance -- Land Use Standards, reads:
“Setbacks from Normal High-Water & Floodplain Boundaries. All new principal
and accessory structures shall be set back at least one hundred (100) feet
from the normal high-water line of any water bodies …” (Page 233)
The Board is of the opinion the proposed deck is a new accessory structure and should therefore be located outside the one hundred foot line. G. Donaldson moved and D. Coleman seconded a motion to deny the permit accordingly. The vote to deny was unanimous. B. Johnson, representing A. Moldawer will convey the Board’s decision to A. Moldawer and decide what step(s) to take next.
1. An Ordinance Revision Workshop. The Board will meet at 6:30pm on Monday, June 16, 2003 at the Town Hall to consider and propose changes to the Building and Land Use Ordinance for possible action at a town referendum in the fall.
2. Signs. J. Holdsworth brought to the Board’s attention several signs around town are in violation of Town Ordinances – exceeding six square feet. G. Donaldson moved and D. Coleman seconded a motion to notify sign owners of violations and file complaints if necessary to achieve compliance. A unanimous vote followed.
3. Doug Coleman. Warm acknowledgement was made of the contributions to the Planning Board made by Doug for the past ten plus years. Thank you Doug.
The meeting adjourned at 8:45pm
Michael Garrett, Secretary
Sunday, June 8, 2003 R. King subdivision Site visit. Meet at the Town Hall at 7:30am
Monday, June 16, 2003 Building & Land Use Ordinance Workshop, 6:30pm at Town Hall
Tuesday, July 1, 2003 July Planning Board Meeting. Town Hall, 7:00pm.
Accepted as presented July 1, 2003