Chairman Fowler called the meeting to order at 7:03pm
Board Members present: S. Branch, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, L.Haft
Code Enforcement Officer: J. Holdsworth
Members of the public in attendance: R. Alvarez, E. Bearor, D. Becker, K. Berry, J. Bragdon, D. Cohen, S. Cohen, K. DeFusco, G. Ford, P. Frederick, B. Hahn, B. Hanson, M. Harriman, G. Hunt, S. Joy, H. Kern, N. Kern, R. King, P. LoMonaco, R. Mitchell, J. Pettegrow, S. Salsbury, B. Washington, J. Wuorinen
Minutes - Minutes of the July 1, 2003 meeting were accepted as presented
Code Enforcement Officer’s Reports – The reports were accepted and placed on file.
Conservation Commission – No report was received from the Commission.
1. Site Plan Review Application, A & J Pettegrow, Map 8, Lot 12-2. M.Garrett moved, S. Branch seconded a motion to accept the pre-application as complete. The vote was unanimous. The standards for a full Site Plan Review application were discussed following which M. Garrett moved to accept the application as complete pending satisfaction of two conditions: S. Branch seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.
a) Traffic generated. Information to be supplied regarding peak hour traffic and average
number of daily trips.
b) An official mylar will presented for the record before the public hearing is held.
Site Visit - Sunday, August 24, 2003. Members meet on the site.
Public Hearing - A public hearing is scheduled for the September monthly Planning
Board meeting, Tuesday, September 2, 2003. All parties understand no discussion or vote will be taken at this meeting. A special meeting for these purposes will be scheduled following the hearing.
NOTE: Immediately preceding this hearing, the Planning Board will consider the General Review Standards required for a Site Plan permit.
2. Request for a Site Plan permit modification – Gott, Map 4, Lot 16. As a condition of the permit set at the July, 2003 Planning Board meeting, the Board required that each of three already installed piezometers (installed to determine the direction of water flow) be tested for specified criteria every four months. On July 17, 2003, all three wells were vandalized beyond their ability to provide accurate quality readings. The applicants requested that they be permitted to drill one new well for quarterly testing purposes.
A lengthy discussion ensued. Two actions emerged from this discussion.
a) M. Garrett moved that the permit be modified to require one new well be drilled for the
purpose of monitoring water quality and that the well be placed as near to the pad as is
practicable on the down side gradient. L. Haft seconded the motion. The motion carried, 3-1.
S. Branch cast the dissenting vote.
b) That for which the permit requires Gott & Son to test in the water does not include extensive testing to determine if the water is safe for drinking. The Board is so concerned that vandals, in addition to smashing the wells, may have put contaminants into one or more of the wells. That the Board strongly recommends the Selectmen authorize a testing of the three damaged wells to determine if contaminants exist. Gott will temporarily cap the wells until a determination is made to test or not to test. Following a decision and/or testing, Gott & Son will place a permanent cap on each of the three wells.
3. Subdivision Completeness Review – R. King, Map 7, Lot 4-1. With all conditions met, M. Garrett moved and S. Branch seconded a motion to accept the final application as complete. The vote was 4 – 0. A public hearing is scheduled for September 2, 2003
1. Questions from S. Joy about Subdivision “common ground” allocations specified in the Building & Land Use Ordinance. Potential interpretation of various ordinance statements gives rise to confusion about how much land must be set aside for differing sized subdivisions. The Board reached no decision. S. Joy will present a plan at the September meeting – a plan that will require the Board to make some interpretive decisions.
2. Request of Bill Hahn for a Building Permit Extension, Map 1, Lot 23-1. M. Garrett moved and L. Haft seconded a motion to extend the building permit AND to change the name on the permit from Susan Stuwe to William Hahn. The vote was unanimous.
Subdivision Covenants. The Board will in future dissociate itself from covenants contained on Subdivision plans. To accomplish this end, all future subdivision plans with covenants must contain a statement similar to the one suggested here:
Unless otherwise noted, the Town of Lamoine accepts no responsibility – legal or otherwise – for covenants specified on this subdivision plan.
Meeting adjourned at 9:48pm.
1. Tuesday, August 19, 2003, 7:00pm at the Town Hall. A workshop to consider changes to the Building and Land Use Ordinance. Come early. Plan to stay late. We have a LOT of work to do.
2. Sunday, August 24, 2003, 7:00am at the Seal Point Lobster Pound. A site
assemble on location.
3. Tuesday, September 2, 2003, 7:00pm Town Hall. The monthly Planning Board