Chairman P. Fowler called the meeting to order at 7:03pm
Board Member Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, L. Haft
Members of the Public in Attendance: E. Alvarez, R. Alvarez, E. Bearor, K. Berry, J. Bragdon, M. Davis, T.Gott, G. Hunt, C. Korty, M. Langlois, P. LoMonaco, S. Marckoon, J. Pettegrow, J. Wuorinen
1. Site Plan Review Application – A & J. Pettegrow, Map 8, Lot 12-2 Review Criteria for Findings of Fact and decision(s) on the application.
a. By a 4-0 vote (P.Fowler abstained), the Board regarded it a duty to consider this parking permit request as a part of the entire site as called for in the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance.
b. Is the business as currently constituted a “limited commercial use” (a permitted use in a limited commercial zone) or an “industrial use” (not a permitted use in a limited commercial zone)? Since in the Board’s judgment, the present use does not meet the definition of “industrial use” as defined in the Site Plan Review Ordinance, the Board determined by a 4-0 vote (P. Fowler abstained) the Lobster Pound is a “limited commercial use”.
c. Following discussion and a vote on each of the requisite review criteria (see attached summary sheet, a motion was made by M. Garrett, seconded by L. Haft to approve the permit application with these listed conditions:
1) A letter from the Fire Chief or his designee needs to be filed attesting to an adequate available water supply for fire protection and sufficient access for entry and egress.
2) A detailed, written landscape plan needs to be developed and filed before issuance of the permit. The plan is to show how a minimum fifty foot vegetated screen buffer is to be planted and maintained along the property line separating the Pettegrow and Frederick properties. The plan needs to satisfy the requirements specified in Section J 6 of the Lamoine Site Plan Review Ordinance.
3) To control noise bothersome to abutting neighbors, the Pettegrows will:
(a) Enclose the generator facing the Alvarez property (Map 8, Lot 12).
(b) Enclose the refrigeration unit facing the Frederick property (Map 8, Lot 12-4)
(c) The Pettegrows will have conducted a noise test of truck refrigeration on site and will file the test results in the Town’s records. The Pettegrow’s volunteered to conduct such a test. The Board accepted the offer as a condition of permit issuance.
3 voted in favor of the motion to approve. G. Donaldson voted against. P. Fowler abstained.
2. Shoreland Zoning Ordinance Review, A & J Pettegrow, Map 8, Lot 12-2. The Board will consider Shoreland Zoning Ordinance findings of fact at it October 7, 2003 meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10pm
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary