Chairman P.Fowler called the meeting to order at 7:03pm
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, P. Fowler, M. Garrett, L. Haft
Code Enforcement Officer: J. Holdsworth
Members of the Public in Attendance: R. Alvarez, E. Bearor, D. Becker, K. Berry, J. Bragdon, Merrill Davis, Mildred Davis, D. Ford, G. Ford, J. Fowler, P. Frederick, K. Friedman, R. Friedman, T. Gott, G. Hunt L.Kaevaluk, R. King, C. Korty, M. Langlois, P. Monaco, Alfred Pettegrow, Anthony Pettegrow, J. Pettegrow, M. Pettegrow, S. Salsbury, K. Smith, J. Wuorinen
Minutes - Minutes of the August 5, 2003 meeting were accepted as presented.
Code Enforcement Officer’s Reports - The reports were accepted and placed on file
Personal Update - David Smallidge’s resignation was accepted with a unanimous vote for appreciation for his contribution to the Planning Board. Dennis Ford was acknowledged as the newly designated Deputy Code Enforcement Officer
1. Public Hearing and follow-up action – Subdivision, R.J.King, Map 7, Lot 4-1. No one appeared to oppose the subdivision proposal. Following the hearing G. Donaldson moved to approve the proposal. Seconded by M. Garrett, the motion passed unanimously.
2. Public Hearing – Site Plan Review, A & J Pettegrow – Map 8, Lot 12-2 and follow up action. E. Bearor, attorney for the Pettegrows, spoke on behalf of the Pettegrows. G. Hunt, representing sixteen neighbors (some abutting; all nearby) spoke to points of concern to his clients. M. Langlois, R. Friedman, K. BerryR. Alvarex and P. Frederickson, elaborated their issues. J.Fowler and C. Korty also were recognized to speak. Major concerns are those of noise, hours of operation, frequency of large truck traffic and the expanded size of the lobster pound operation.
Upon closure of the public hearing, the Board voted to set a special meeting to consider the matter. The meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 15, 2003 at 7:00pm at the Lamoine School.
3. Completeness Review – Subdivision, R. Simons/M.Harriman – Map 7, Lots 4 and 4-4. There being insufficient information available – particularly regarding the septic plan -- the Board took no action.
4. Proposal from Steve Joy re: common ground space. Since S. Joy was not there to submit a proposal, this item was indefinitely tabled.
1. Request from Frank Foisy for Septic Permit in Shoreland Zone – Map 3, Lot 15-A. With the concurrence of J. Holdsworth, a motion to approve the permit was advanced by M. Garrett. G. Donaldson offered a second. The vote was unanimous.
2. Request from Bill Hahn for Septic Permit in Shoreland Zone – Map 1, Lot 23-1. With the concurrence of J. Holdsworth, a motion to approve the permit was put by S. Branch and seconded by G. Donaldson. A unanimous vote followed.
3. A communication from the Partridge Cove Association. The communication was received and filed.
4. A Communication from the State Planning Office – re: Ellsworth Comprehensive Plan. The communication was received and filed.
1. The Planning Board requests that the Selectmen set a date for a vote on changes to the Building and Land Use Ordinance and the Floodplain Ordinance, said vote to be sometime after the Planning Board meeting on October 7, 2003. Note: The Planning Board unanimously requests that a special Town Meeting be called for this purpose rather than a ballot referendum at the Town Hall.
However the vote is conducted, it is to be four separate and distinct votes as follows: A vote on:
a. a change in the signage section of the Ordinance.
b. a change in open space requirements for subdivisions over 12 lots.
c. all other changes in the Building & Land Use Ordinance, most of which are technicalities.
d. the State required flood Plain Ordinance with one amendment added.
2. An informational meeting on the above proposals is to be scheduled for 6:30pm on October 7th, one half hour before the Planning Board’s regular October meeting. The Board looks to the Town Administrative Assistant and the Selectmen to broadcast this meeting in the widest possible ways.
The meeting adjourned at 9:50pm.
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary