Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes of the Lamoine Planning Board June 7, 2005
Chairman G. Donaldson called the meeting to order at 7:00pm .
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson , M. Garrett, M. Havey, L. Landon, C. Ohmart
CEO: D. Ford
Members of the Public in Attendance: K. Barbee, B. Berry, K Defusco, M. Keene, T. Ring, C. Sharkey,
N. Washington .
Minutes: Minutes of the May 2, 2005 meeting were accepted as presented.
Code Enforcement Officer's Report(s): The reports were accepted and placed on file. Two additional issues were raised at this time.
HHE-200 Application of J. Ploszaj, Lot 77/78, Bay Road . Two site inspections by several state officials determined no definitive decisions could be rendered on the placement of a septic system until wetlands in the area are further delineated. J. Ploszaj has decided to withdraw his request and stick with his original application for a pad on Lot 66 for which a Tier 1 permit has previously been obtained. This application will be considered at the Board's July meeting. During the discussion, the Board pondered when and possibly when not to accept DEP delineation of wetlands. A fur the r discussion is planned, perhaps at a Workshop scheduled for June 27, 2005
A request from T. Towne that the Code Enforcement Officer's Reports be appended to the minutes each month. M. Garrett moved and C. Ohmart seconded a motion to append the reports. The vote was unanimous.
Preliminary Subdivision Application, K & T Rentals - Map 8, Lot 12(po) K & T Rentals proposes an eleven (11) lot subdivision on a forth-five 45) acre parcel of land, approximately eight (8) acres of which are to be held in common by all lot owners. The application was deemed to be incomplete, lacking these listed items.
A pending conveyance of a piece of land from the Fredericks needs to be specifically noted on the map.
A written statement indicating the developer's intent to design setbacks and yard widths in accordance with the standards of the Building and Land Use Ordinance.
A mapping of wetlands on the property – the results of which could lead to a reconfiguration of lots. Each lot on the map should show indication of the total acreage of the lot AND the acreage of upland of the lot.
The map should clearly indicate the “unspecified use” acreage.
G. Donaldson moved and M. Garrett seconded a motion to deem the application incomplete and schedule further consideration at the July meeting. The vote was unanimous.
Gravel Extraction Pit Renewal. M. Keene. Map 4, Lot 41. Having met conditions set by the Board in May – a bank established escrow account for restoration and a more detailed restoration plan -- S Branch moved to grant renewal of the extraction permit. M Havey seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
1. Request of C. Sharkey to renew a building permit issued May 6, 2003 . Map 8, Lot 13-3-1. C. Sharkey assured the Board no changes from the original permit were being sought. S. Branch moved and M. Garrett seconded a unanimously voted motion to extend the permit for one year.
2. Home Occupation Permit. There being an expressed need to develop a formal application for Home Occupations, M. Garrett volunteered to propose a draft application at the July meeting.
1. Updated Ordinance Compilation. S. Marckoon distributed an updated ordinance compilation. Board members are urged to hold on to the original compilation for a while.
2. Appeal's Ordinance. M. Garrett reported that Chris Tadema-Wielandt, Chair of the Appeals Board, has received the Planning Board 's request for comment on the ordinance. Intent perhaps to present the ordinance to the Town in November, M. Garrett was instructed to write a letter to the Appeals Board requesting their comments be received no later than August 1, 2005 .
3. An Ordinance Workshop. The Board voted to schedule a Workshop on Monday, June 27, 2005 beginning at 6:30pm at the Town Hall. The purpose of the workshop will be to discuss (in the order listed) potential changes to:
the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
The Gravel Ordinance.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30pm .
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary.
June 16, 2005 A joint meeting with sundry Town officials and volunteers. 7:00pm. Lamoine School
June 27, 2005 A Planning Board Workshop to consider ordinance revisions. 6:30pm. Town Hall
July 5, 2005 Monthly meeting of the Planning Board . 7:00pm. Town Hall