Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
MINUTES OF THE LAMOINE PLANNING BOARD
September 5, 2006
Approved as corrected 10/3/06
Chairman Branch called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm .
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, J. Gallagher, M. Garrett, M. Havey, M. Jordan, C. Ohmart. J. Gallagher was introduced as the “newest” Alternate memberl CEO: Dennis Ford Members of the Public in Attendance: C. Braun, Y. Braun, S. Curtis, J. Davis, K. DeFusco, G. Ford, W. Harris. J. Holt, C. Korty, G. Murphy, N. Musson, C. Pohlman, J. Pohlman, S. Salsbury, E. Snow, W. Wright
Minutes: Minutes of the August 1, 2006 Planning Board meeting were accepted as presented.
CEO Reports: CEO reports were accepted and placed on file.
Appeals Board Findings in the Tweedie Case. The Appeal's Board upheld the findings of the Planning Board . The case now goes to the Selectmen.
Subdivision Completeness Review – SnoDrum LLC, Map 3, Lot 27. A lengthy discussion followed a presentation by Noel Musson, a project engineer. Most of the discussion centered on several distances not presently on the map and the safety of the subdivision road at the junction of Shore Road . The Board requires the se listed distances to be placed on the map in order to consider the application complete.
Additionally, the Board requests the square footage of the buildable envelopes for Lots #3 and #6; that the name of the subdivision road be changed; that, if obtainable, a letter from Bangor Hydro indicating the y cannot or will not relocate the pole on the premises; and a written statement dealing with the design for traffic control including but not limited to the subdivision road's intersect with Shore Road.
The application is further deemed incomplete for want of the following: A
Finally, the Board requests that the contour lines on the map be darkened and that consideration be given to placing on the official map a statement suggesting soil conditions may limit the size of a structure on some lots.
At the conclusion of this discussion the Board, noting that the proposed subdivision road requires “development” far in excess of 10,000 square feet, believes the project is subject to Site Plan Review and an application for it should be filed.
G. Donaldson moved and M. Garrett seconded a motion to find the application “incomplete” for all of the reasons above. Vote in favor was unanimous.
1. Home Occupation Permit – Stacey Curtis, Map 2, Lot 1. This request to establish a “ Redemption Center ” on Asa'a Lane was considered at length. The request illustrates a need for the Board develop guidelines enabling it better to distinguish between a Home Occupation and a commercial use. Lacking the guidelines, M. Garrett moved and M. Jordan seconded a motion to grant the permit. The motion passed 3 – 2 with G. Donaldson and M. Havey opposed.
2. Subdivision Pre Application – W. Wright/S. Salsbury, Map 4, Lot 34. Before proceeding further, the map needs to show setbacks, lot widths and the dimensions of Lot #9. Based upon this missing information, S. Branch moved (seconded by C. Ohmart) to find the pre application incomplete. The vote was unanimous. The Board did, however, schedule a site visit.
Site visit: Saturday, September 23, 2006 . Members assemble at the Town Hall at 7:30 am .
3. A request by Harris Associates to convert existing trustee ownership to Condominium ownership of family owned residences – Map 16, Lot 48. Uncertain about what is the difference between Trustee and Condominium ownership and uncertain about the ramifications of Condominium ownership for the Town of Lamoine , the Board requests that Mr. Harris submit a written statement of his intent and that S. Marckoon have that document reviewed by the Town Attorney.
1. Correspondence from Lamoine State Park . Tim Hall, Regional Manager of the Maine Department of Conservation writes to request the Planning Board consider changing the zoning of the Lamoine State Park Shoreland to a Commercial Fisheries/Maritime Activities District. Coincidentally, this change is being proposed in revisions to the Lamoine Shoreland Zoning Ordinance. The Board requests that S. Marckoon let Tim Hall know of this proposal. (And encourage him to appear in support of this change at Public Hearing time?)
2. Informational Meeting on proposed changes to the SZO. Wednesday, September 20, 2006 . At the Town Hall. At 6:30 pm. How to advertise? A flyer announcing the hearing was sent in the company of property tax mailings. M. Garrett will submit a ‘blurb' to the Ellsworth American. S. Marckoon is requested to publish notice via the internet and a web site posting.
Planning Board members will convene at 6:00 pm —a half hour before the hearing. At the hearing, primary responsibility for an overview and the map belongs to G. Donaldson. Primary responsibility for changes to the Table of Land Uses belongs to S. Branch. And primary responsibility for explaining changes in the application procedure AND definitions, falls to M. Havey and C. Ohmart.
The meeting adjourned at 10:00 pm .
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 Informational Hearing on the SZO. 6:30 pm. Town Hall.
Saturday, September 23, 2006 Site Visit W. Wright Subdivions. Meet at Town Hall at 7:30Am
Tuesday, October 3, 2006 October meeting of the Planning Board.