Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Planning Board Minutes April 3, 2006
Call to Order: S Branch called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm .
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, M. Garrett, M. Havey, CEO: D. Ford
Members of the Public in Attendance: T. Barr, K. DeFusco, G. Ford, P. Fowler, R. King, J. McCormack, L. Tadema-Wielandt, T. Towne
Minutes of March 13, 2006 . The minutes of March 13, 2006 were accepted as presented.
CEO Reports. M. Havey offered a date correction (from May 22, 2006 to March 22, 2006 ) on an Ordinance Enforcement Issue Report. The reports were then accepted as corrected.
Conservation Commission: L. Tadema-Wielandt reported that the Commission's April 12, 2006 meeting would feature a presentation by Rob Goodwin of the Lamoine DMR. The public is invited.
1. Gravel Pit Permit Renewal – R. King, Inc. Map 7, Lot 3-2. R. King will submit a dated map with ALL areas potentially slated for excavation during the three year life of the permit shaded in yellow.
M. Garrett moved and M. Havey seconded a motion to grant the permit upon submission of this map. The vote was 3 in favor; 1 opposed.
The Board is very concerned about the steep slopes on the north and west facings of this pit. It is the Board's desire that R. King complete the excavation of usable materials on these slopes soon so that restoration can begin.
2. Site Plan Review & Gravel Pit Permit Applications. P. Fowler, Map 7, Lot 13, 24. After discussion, the Board concluded that the mapped area surrounded by a colored black boundary line is not subject to further Site Review once the present application is accepted. Areas outside this boundary will be subject to Site Review if proposed uses for it meet Site Review criteria.
A. Site Plan Review Application. G. Donaldson moved and M. Garrett seconded a motion to accept the application as complete when the following listed conditions are fulfilled. The vote was 4 – 0 in favor.
1) A mylar is to be presented when the review process is completed.
2) To satisfy requirements of review criteria I-4g (Topographical contours and direction of surface water drainage, etc) the direction of water run off is to show on the map.
3) To satisfy requirements of review criteria I-5L (How special features…will be maintained), the map is to show the estimated distance between the project's property line and the stream setback line of Springy Brook.
PUBLIC HEARING: A public hearing will be held at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, May 2, 2006
B. Gravel Pit Application Completeness Review. P. Fowler, Map 7, Lot 13, 24. M. Havey moved and M. Garrett seconded a motion to accept this application as complete when the listed conditions are met. The vote was 4- 0 in favor.
1) To satisfy requirement #9 (A landscaping plan shall contain a schedule etc.) for Gravel Permit application completeness, an area proposed for restoration should be colored an the map and a written statement of the plan provided.
2) To satisfy requirement #11 (Other information indicating hydrology, etc.) for Gravel Permit application completeness, the approximate location of a test well to be installed sometime during the three year life span of the permit is to be located on the map
PUBLIC HEARING: A public hearing will be held at 6:45 pm on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 .
Shoreland Zoning Permit – J. Tweedie, Map 14, Lot 45. Reconstruction of non-comforming structure. There being no one present to explain this item, M. Garrett moved and G. Donaldson seconded a motion to table it until the May 2, 2006 meeting of the Planning Board. The vote was unanimous.
The Board resolved that if no word is heard from Louisiana bound Lance Landon prior to the Board meeting on May 2, 2006 , a vacancy will be declared and the Selectmen asked to fill it.
Before adjourning the Board set a workshop on the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance for Monday, April 10, 2006 at 6:45 pm . All should bring an individually proofread version of the Ordinance for a final compilation prior to going public.
The meeting adjourned at 9:20 pm .
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Monday, April 10, 2006 . 6:30pm. Workshop on the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
Tuesday, May 2, 2006 . 6:30pm. Public Hearing on P. Fowler's Site Plan Review Application
Tuesday, May 2, 2006 . 6:45pm. Public Hearing on P. Fowler's gravel pit application
Tuesday, May 2, 2006 . 7:00pm. May meeting of the Planning Board