Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes of the Lamoine Planning Board
July 11, 2006
Chairman Branch called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm .
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, M. Garrett, E. Neleski ( 7:15 pm ).
Members of the Public in Attendance: K. DeFusco, G. Ford, C. Gray, M. Jordan, S. Leonard-Johnson, L. Temple .
Minutes: Minutes of the June 6, 2006 were accepted as presented.
CEO Reports. A. Sandelli seeks to construct a septic system in an area (Map 14, Lot 56) previously found to be “questionable” due to its location in or near wetlands. The Army Corps of Engineers and the DHHS are again looking at the area. Results of the ir inquiry are pending. The Board requests that S. Marckoon provide in next month's Planning Board packet, a copy of a letter written by Kenneth Stratton, a state Health Engineer, dated May 16, 2005 which assesses a visit to this property when it was owned by Joel Ploszaj.
Following this discussion, the CEO reports were accepted and placed on file.
1. Follow-up regarding the Tweedie after- the -fact Shoreland Zoning Application. An appeal has been filed with the Board of Appeals the reby removing fur the r jurisdiction from the Planning Board .
2. Update on the Gott Stump Grinding Operation. Though no formal “update' was presented, the CEO indicated work is being done to get the project running.
1. Home Occupation Permit Request: S. Leonard-Johnson, Map 1, Lot 6-A. S. Leonard-Johnson presented a proposal to engage in the “capsulation of certified organic powdered seaweed being supplied by Maine Coast Sea Vegetable of Franklin, Maine” on his private premises. With all the minimal ordinance requirements being met, G. Donaldson moved to grant the permit on condition that S. Leonard-Johnson provide the Board with a letter of approval from the Federal Drug Administration. M. Garrett seconded the motion. The vote was unanimously in favor of granting the permit.
2. Home Occupation Permit Request: J. Parkinson, Map 12 Lot 41-2. There being no one on hand to explain the request and with the application lacking detail, this item was tabled until the August 1, 2006 meeting.
Caroline Gray presented information about a driveway to a lot (Map 10, Lot 7-1) in a recently approved subdivision. In possession of a Tier 1 permit and proposing nothing contrary to subdivision approval, the Board accepted the information Ms. Gray presented.
1. Shoreland Zoning Ordinance Revisions. The Board's “final” draft of Shoreland Zoning Ordinance revisions is complete. To fully inform the public before a formal vote (tentatively scheduled for Town Meeting in March), the following steps will be undertaken.
Copies of the proposed ordinance changes AND a “new” map of the Shoreland – including designation of Shoreland Zones ((Limited Residential, Limited Commercial, Commercial Fisheries/Maritime Activities, Stream Protection and Resource Protection) are available for public consumption at the Town Hall during regular Town Hall hours from now until Town Meeting.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 , 6:30 pm at the Town Hall. The first of two “informational” meetings.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 , 6:30pm at the Town Hall. The second of two “informational” meetings.
2. Home Occupation Permit Application . S. Marckoon has developed a draft of a Home Occupation permit. The Board will consider this draft at its August 1, 2006 meeting. Meantime, this draft application should be used for Home Occupation Permit requests as it is much less cumbersome than the “Construction Application” presently required.
The meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm .
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Tuesday, August 1, 2006 - Planning Board meeting, 7:00 pm. Town Hall.