Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Minutes of the Lamoine Planning Board
August 1, 2006
(Draft copy - subject to change)
Chairman Branch called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm
Board Members Present: S. Branch, G. Donaldson, M. Garrett, M. Havey, M. Jordan, E. Neleski, C. Ohmart
The Board bade a welcome to new Alternate member Michael Jordan. The Board bade farewell to E.
Neleski – accepting her resignation with regrets and thanks for her contributions.
Members of the Public in attendance: J. Brundage, K. DeFusco, G. Ford, J. Parkinson, L. Tadema-Wielandt
Election of Officers for 2006 – 07.
S. Branch was nominated and unanimously elected Chairman
G. Donaldson was nominated and unanimously elected Vice Chairman.
M. Garrett was nominated and unanimously elected Secretary.
Minutes: Minutes of the July 11, 2006 Planning Board meeting were approved as presented.
CEO Reports: Reports from the Code Enforcement Officer were accepted and placed on file.
Conservation Commission. L. Tadema-Wielandt represented the Conservation Commission. She reported that Bangor Hydro will definitely add a new power line between Ellsworth and Mt. Desert Island . The line will cross the North East corner of Lamoine, involving nine parcels of land. With many permits to acquire and more planning to be done, anticipated construction is scheduled for 2008.
1. Home Occupartion Request – J. Parkinson, Map 12, Lot 41-2. J. Parkinson submitted a thorough application, requesting a permit to weave baskets in her home for sale at a variety of outside locations. G. Donaldson moved and M. Havey seconded a motion, unanimously passed, to approve the permit.
2. Tweedie Shoreland Permit. The Board of Appeals will consider this appeal on August 16, 2006 at 7:00 pm in the Town Hall.
3. Letter from the FDA re: Leonard-Johnson home occupation, Map 1, Lot 6A. The letter, requested by the Planning Board , finds no objections to dietary supplements to be processed by the Leonard-Johnsons.
4. Policy follow up – Written Complaints, Use of Town Attorney. The Board received copies of the se newly developed policies.
1. Flyer for Public Presentation of changes to the Shoreland Zone. G. Donaldson has developed a “flyer” designed to alert the public to changes in the Shoreland Zone and informational meetings at which the changes will be presented for public discussion. M. Havey suggested adding specific notice to owners of and residents in the Shoreland Zone and o the r affected water bodies (Blunt's Pond, its outlet, Springy Brook, Archer's Brook and Martin's Brook). She will draft the specific notice in time for the “flyer” to be mailed with property tax bills later this month.
2. Home Occupation Permit Application. The Board discussed the Home Occupation Permit Application drafted by S. Marckoon. The Board will add to this draft application a request for a separate sheet of paper detailing the objective(s), materials to be used, process employed, target customer/market base, waste disposal (whe the r toxic or non toxic), special electrical requirements, noise, odor and lighting. M. Garret will draft a document incorporating the se requests for presentation at the September meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm .
Michael F. Garrett, Secretary
Tuesday, September 5, 2006 . Monthly Meeting, 7:00 pm. Town Hall
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 . Informational Meeting. SZO. 6:30 pm. Town Hall.