Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Recreation Committee
Minutes, November 14, 2015 (Draft, subject to correction)
The meeting came to order at 9:05 a.m. at the Lamoine Town Office.
Present were: Greg Stone, Elie Khoury, Patti Haslam, Sharon Smythe, Elizabeth Stanley, and Jason Trenholm.
Minutes: Minutes from Oct 16th were accepted as written.
Comprehensive Plan: The planning Board will attend the Rec committee meeting on Dec 12th.
Next meeting: On Dec 12th we will discuss the mission and involvement in the community. We will talk about the activities we plan on doing in the winter and summer. We should try to get the Rec survey out to the residents before this meeting.
Survey: Rec Committee survey was discussed and changes made to the recommendation. Elie Circulated copied for discussion and revision. The Final copy needs to be sent to Stu and the town office as soon as possible. Greg Stone will discuss with Stu how to get it out as soon as possible.
Program in place results:
· Elizabeth reported on Pee Wee Cheering and participation
· Jason discussed Adult Basket Pick games on Sunday. We might want to look at alternative dates.
· Greg reported on Slow Ride Sunday.
· Discussed Rec Soccer and the need for more coaches. We need to replace Coach Brandon Joy for next year. They are moving.
· Discussed Rec basketball registration coming up on Nov 18th. We need more coaches for all ages.
Budget: Discussed Budget for next year. Elie circulated rough draft and discussed changes. Final copies to be send to rec committee members so Greg can discuss at Monday’s Budget Committee meeting.
Winter activities: need to discuss at the next meeting the winter activities. It will helpful if we can get the survey out.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
Next meeting - The committee agreed to meet again on Dec 12, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by Elie Khoury in the absence of Becky Mason, Lamoine Recreation Committee.