Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Lamoine Parks Commission Minutes
September 11, 2006 - Draft, Subject to Change
1. 7:05: call to order.
2. Approved minutes for June 5, 2006 .
3. Approved minutes for July 24 th 2006 .
4. Update on fund raising effort and thank you letters signed.
5. Set date for conservation commission meeting. The purpose of the meeting arises from their having created our committee and wanting to touch base. They also want to talk about the old snowmobile club.
Sometime in November we'll have a joint meeting. Cathy suggests we'll have our meeting at 6:30 then start our meeting at 7:00pm .
6. There have been complaints about access to the beach for clammers. We conclude that access is adequate at the old landing. We want to close off the old roads anyway to allow vegetation regrowth. In talking with Bill and Tom we don't believe there is significant mud flat for clamming. It is hard gravel along that section of beach.
We vote to close the derelict road to the beach.
We vote to open the road to the bathroom.
7. Review of past year, future goals and priorities.
In general we are satisfied with our update of the ordinance and the Flat-top 5K race. The parks seem to be cleaner than in the past.
8. Parks signs update. Christa wants to meet with the historical society to help in getting an over view of the history that t could be put on the signs.
9. Other matters.
We need boundary markers at the Marlboro Beach .
Bill is in charge of the toilet level.
Tuesday, October 10 th – Future Goals and Priorities, 7pm .
10. Set date for next meeting: joint meeting November 6 th 7pm .
11. Adjourn 8:18 pm.