The Lamoine Planning Board will hold a public hearing on the following ordinance changes being proposed to the annual town meeting in Lamoine:
- To see if the town will adopt a series of amendments to the Building and Land Use Ordinance entitled “Building and Land Use Ordinance Amendments – March, 2011”.
- To see if the town will amend the Site Plan Review Ordinance, Section J, General Review Standard # 19 Advertising Features to change the sign square footage from 6 square feet to16 square feet, thus conforming to the Building and Land Use Ordinance.
- To see if the town will adopt language to remove the fees from sections of the ordinances listed below and approve amended language authorizing the Board of Selectmen to set fees as outlined in a document entitled “Fee Amendments – March 2011”. The following ordinances would be changed:
- Building & Land Use Ordinance (Section 7 D 1)
- Building & Land Use Ordinance (Section 12 D 5)
- Building & Land Use Ordinance (Section 15 D 1)
- Building & Land Use Ordinance (Section 15 E 2)
- Building & Land Use Ordinance (Section 16)
- Travel Trailer, Motorized Home Park & Campground Ordinance (Section 6 A)
- Gravel Ordinance (Section 7 B)
- Mobile Home Park Ordinance (Section II 2)
- Shoreland Zoning Ordinance (Section 16 G)
- Site Plan Review Ordinance (Section H 2 b and section P)
The hearing will be held on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM at the start of the regular Planning Board meeting. Copies of the proposed ordinance changes are available at the Lamoine Town Office during regular business hours and are posted on the town's website ( www.lamoine-me.gov ). Voting on the proposed ordinance changes will take place at the annual open town meeting on Wednesday, March 16, 2011.
John Holt, Chair
Lamoine Planning Board