Deputy Town Clerk Stuart Marckoon called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Present were George Smith, Enid Neleski, Michael Jordan, John Holt, Stuart Marckoon, Cynthia Donaldson, S. Josephine Cooper, Gary McFarland and Richard Fennelly Jr.
- To choose a moderator to preside over said meeting. Michael Jordan nominated Stu Marckoon. Gary McFarland 2nd . Mr. Marckoon said he was under the impression that he would take the minutes and that Jo Cooper would moderate the meeting. Mr. Jordan and Mr. McFarland rescinded their nomination and second. George Smith then nominated Mrs. Cooper and Mr. Jordan 2nd . Mr. Marckoon distributed blank written ballots. After all who wished to vote had turned in their ballots, Mr. Marckoon announced that Mrs. Cooper had been elected moderator by a 3-0 vote. He then administered the oath of moderator to Mrs. Cooper.
- To see of the Town will approve an ordinance entitled “Ordinance exempting eligible active duty military personnel from vehicle excise tax”, said ordinance being available for review at the Lamoine Town Office during regular business hours. Michael Jordan moved to adopt the ordinance. George Smith 2nd . John Holt asked what the ordinance was about. Mr. Marckoon explained that the Legislature authorized an exemption from excise tax for military personnel stationed outside the state who apply for such an exemption with confirmation from their commander. The motion passed on an 8-to-1 vote.
- To see if the Town will appropriate $892.58 from undesignated fund balance for the 2012/13 Administration Budget, adjusting the Town Clerk/Tax Collector salary, health insurance, FICA/Medicare, and heating oil lines. Mr. Jordan moved to approve the article Mrs. Donaldson 2nd . Vote in favor was 9-0.
- To see if the Town will appropriate $500.00 from undesignated fund balance for the 2012/13 Public Safety (Fire) Budget, adjusting the Fire-Hose Testing and Fire-Heating oil budget lines. Mr. Marckoon moved to approve the article. Mrs. Neleski 2nd . Vote in favor was 9-0.
- To see if the Town will increase the 2011/12 Public Safety (Fire) Budget by $2,037.27 due to unanticipated costs for heating oil and hose testing and reimburse the Lamoine Volunteer Fire Department corporation the same amount which was received by the Town of Lamoine following the end of the fiscal year June 30, 2012. Mr. Fennelly moved to approve the article. Mr. McFarland 2nd . Vote in favor was 9-0.
- To see if the Town will appropriate up to $10,000.00 from undesignated fund balance for the 2012/13 Capital Expenditures Budget for the purposes of reimbursing the Lamoine Volunteer Fire Department corporation for installation of a new heating system at the Lamoine Fire Station. Mr. Fennelly moved to approve the article, Mr. Jordan 2nd . Vote in favor was 9-0. Mr. Marckoon noted that no actual checks would be cut, but the 2011/12 budget would be increased.
There being no further business, moderator Cooper closed the special town meeting at 7:08 PM.
Stuart Marckoon, Deputy Town Clerk