Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Conservation Commission Minutes
Minutes - December 8, 2021
Members Present: Chair, Larissa Thomas, Linda Penkalski, Kerry Diskin, Diane Nicholls, Jack Robichaud
Alternative Member Present: Diana Cassel
Alternative Member Absent: Michael Jordan
Meeting was convened by Chairwoman Thomas at 7:03 PM
1. Approval of the November 10, 2021 minutes
2. Returnables Program: Larissa submitted an application for receiving LCC revenues from returnables for the coming year. Application has been approved by the Select Board. Date for receiving those revenues TBD. Possibly the month of March.
3. Marlboro Beach Revegetation Project Update: Larissa and Brian erected additional signage to alert beach visitors of the road closures and hopefully this effort will allow for vegetation to take root overtime. The existing boulders will remain in place.
4. Board Chairs Meeting With Select Board: The purpose of the Select Board’s invitation to all Municipal Board Chairs was to inquire if there was a need for resources from the town that would assist with their proposed or on-going projects. Larissa was thankful for their support but deferred resources at this time.
5. Browntail Moths: The Conservation Commission is planning on organizing a browntail moth rapid response team to fight this invasive pest. The LCC will not only assist Lamoine residents with questions about browntail moths but if requested will manually remove the webbed nests. Larissa and Kerry will submit an article to the Lamoine Quarterly regarding information about the browntail moth, confirmed infestation identified along Seal Point Road, and the proposed LCC’s rapid response plan.
6. Conservation Award: After much discourse the members unanimously agreed to postpone this award to next year. There was some discussion of giving the award every other year.
7. Other Business: Linda will email Dawn to determine when to submit a budget for expenditures related to Get Wet testing.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30.
Minutes were taken by Diane Nicholls and approved on_________